House Price Crash Forum
Harry Monk

Rightmove- What The Owner Says

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-17050746.html

What the Owner says:

I have owned this property for over 10 years and bought it as an investment. It has always had a high demand from tenants and it's been a great little earner for me!

I really love this house, it has a warm and homely feeling to it, and it's a property that I would have been happy to move into myself if I ever needed to.

I think the property would make a great starter home and I would be really happy to see it go to a young couple who can start a family there. It has always been well cared for and I am sure it will make someone a lovely home.

Wonder whay he is getting out now- apart of course for his heartwarming and philanthropic wish to see a happy young couple to start a family of course ;)

Are these owner descriptions common, I haven't seen one before?

It also has a new example of comedy pricing - "From £100,000"

Yes, that's something else I don't fully understand- I looked at a house earlier and it said "Price range £160,000- £200,000. What does that mean? They will take any amount between those two figures?

Oh go on then, two hundred grand it is Squire!

Wonder whay he is getting out now- apart of course for his heartwarming and philanthropic wish to see a happy young couple to start a family of course ;)

I've never seen one of these descriptions before. :blink:

I certainly hope it is a new development. One with enormous scope for laughs. That is, if owners were to actually write their own descriptions. That mess looks like it was cooked up by Rightmove themselves.

It also has a new example of comedy pricing - "From £100,000"

"from" would imply that there are other properties in the "series" with various optional extras, like air-con, tea-cup holders or Auto toilet roll dispenser etc.

Seems to be a new thing Ward and Co are doing. I saw one myself this week. The 100-130K price range thing obviously ins't working!

It looks like it is a standard operating procedure for that agent. Every envelope must be pushed, every idea brainstormed to get the market going.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27725623.html

What the Owner says:

The reason I bought this apartment was that I was so impressed by its sheer space and size, and also the fact that it is totally self-contained. I have enjoyed refurbishing it to my style and have paid particular attention to the lounge as it has so much original character, and I enjoy spending a majority of my time there relaxing. I have made sure I kept as much of the property in character and so chose Victoria style tiles to run through the apartment. In the warmer months I am fortunate enough to be able to spend time sitting in my secluded and picturesque courtyard. The only reason for leaving to be close to my grandchildren.

If anyone is alone at Christmas, one could compile the data of all 88 properties, and find out which are forced sales, to put the long question on HPC to bed "people don't need to sell". This assumes the comments are truthful.

Colourful pie chart to display the data please.

Happy hunting.

All properties by Ward and partners: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find/Ward-and-Partners/Cliftonville.html?locationIdentifier=BRANCH%5E2196&includeSSTC=true&_includeSSTC=on

Edited by Money Spinner

Yeah, I have been looking around Kent, and this is a standard Ward and Partners advert. They have also been spamming my email and texting me constantly. They are clearly desperate to shift properties, and are really going for it. I guess they are having to learn how to actually sell stuff after the last decade or craziness... not that these daft descriptions and "from" asking prices are really doing anything IMO.

Is that area rough? 100k for a 2 bed Victorian in Kent sounds OK to me.

Margate is generally as rough as a badgers ar5e, IMO.

one hundred thousand pounds sounds like a lot of money to me.

course, buying an apartment means its nothing, nothing at all, a mere bagatelle.

I looked at a house earlier and it said "Price range £160,000- £200,000. What does that mean? They will take any amount between those two figures?

Like a job advert... Depends on experience?

I have noticed them a lot recently in Kent. Here's another,

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-17047314.html

What the Owner says:

We bought our home some years ago attracted by the potential that the rear garden offered us and of course the stunning views out to the rear. We saw real potential both outside and inside. We wanted to create a garden to be proud of and a clean comfortable home to live in. We feel we have achieved both. We love the quiet close and the fantastic neighbours, both of which we will miss hugely. But as they say the time has come to move on. We are not moving too far away but feel the time is right for a new adventure and leave knowing the right buyers will be very happy here for years to come.

What they don't mention is the fact it's a council estate and the neighbours are ..well, just check out the 'trap' in the front garden round the corner ! lol.

Bedroom 2 clearly benefits from the privacy of its own entrance via a ladder.

I wonder if you have to lie in the bath and press a special button to be magically transported into your bedroom...

That is wierd! Surely that doesn't comply with building regs. :blink:

Then as far as the Property Misdescriptions Act 1991 is concerned, it is not a bedroom.

Specified Matter 5 to be exact.

As the crash / steady price fall goes on, we will see ever more creative and/or laughable ways of selling houses on rightmove. In contrast, to your example of the 'nice genuine seller' approach, see the one below - a seller willing to negotiate but only within a specific specified price range, i.e. not willing to negotiate at all. I call this the 'seller looking for a sucker who will think they're getting a bargain' approach :)

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=156385

I can't wait for EAs forced by the company owners to go on "team building" weekends to build rafts in the middle of nowhere, or work one week completely naked.

Edited by Money Spinner

I can't wait for EAs forced by the company owners to go on "team building" weekends to build rafts in the middle of nowhere, or work one week completely naked.

Staff training could be one way for struggling EAs to try and boost their sales. Judging by some of the EA adverts I've seen, for some EAs GCSE English would be a good start.

My money is on No.3 but the list say it was sold in 2007 so that doesn't tie up with the 10yr bit , trricky as you cant get the St view on it so i'm going by t he photo which is bit squiffy ., anyways , the detail

11 Dec 2009 14,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £50,000

23 Jun 2008 22,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £134,000

20 Jun 2008 20,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £130,000

08 Jun 2007 3,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £110,210

15 Mar 2007 15,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Semi-Detached Freehold £132,000

22 Nov 2006 30,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £147,000

27 Apr 2006 9,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £126,500

06 Feb 2006 23,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £111,500

09 Sep 2005 20,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £119,000

05 Jul 2004 4,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £117,000

14 Aug 2003 15,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Semi-Detached Freehold £90,000

03 Jun 2003 6,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £60,000

16 Dec 2002 30,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £79,000

30 Sep 2002 24,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £85,000

31 Oct 2001 20,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £55,000

12 Mar 2001 19,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £39,000

03 Dec 1999 12,Walpole Road, Margate, Kent CT9 1QG Terraced Freehold £41,500

Edited by Dames