House Price Crash Forum
Tenubracon

Xmas On Benefits - It's The Daily Mail!

Mother of four says it's quite right that her children should have £400 each spent on them for christmas even though she has no earned income ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340653/Christmas-benefits-Eloise-Littles-spent-3k-taxpayers-money-presents.html

What amuses me is that they never seem to be short of people willing to put themselves up for the abuse that an article like this is bound to bring. Does a payment for a newspaper article count as income against which benefits can be calculated, I wonder?

Mother of four says it's quite right that her children should have £400 each spent on them for christmas even though she has no earned income ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340653/Christmas-benefits-Eloise-Littles-spent-3k-taxpayers-money-presents.html

What amuses me is that they never seem to be short of people willing to put themselves up for the abuse that an article like this is bound to bring. Does a payment for a newspaper article count as income against which benefits can be calculated, I wonder?

I'm not reading that, it will make me cross.

It's a fake article. Not far from the truth I bet.

I couldn't find the stunning elouise little on facebook to add her as my [sic] friend and if she's genuine she would almost certailny be on FB

The photo shows an old mac, elouise is clutching an emptly xbox box and her daughter is holding the prized xbox in the background. The radio controlled car is £70 tops.

"It makes me furious when people criticise how I choose to spend my money,’ she says."

As she puts it: ‘I went to the JobCentre and we worked out that if I went back to work I would actually be £10 a week worse off. I receive £21,528 in annual benefits, and I’d need to earn 30 grand a year before tax to match that.

‘I’m not qualified to do a job which pays me that, so it makes no sense for me to do anything other than stay at home. I defy any parent in my position not to do what I’m doing.’

That isn't our problem though.

If people on benefits are better off than those working - as has been said many times - there is something wrong with the system.

How much rent does she pay?

Edited by SarahBell

Faked picture I think, unless the kids have unwrapped their presents early. Whats the alternative.

Eloise going into the poor house? Kids taken into care?

Best of luck to her on getting £21k. Considering the looting and tax evasion by the elites in the country its small beer.

"It makes me furious when people criticise how I choose to spend my money,’ she says."

As she puts it: ‘I went to the JobCentre and we worked out that if I went back to work I would actually be £10 a week worse off. I receive £21,528 in annual benefits, and I’d need to earn 30 grand a year before tax to match that.

‘I’m not qualified to do a job which pays me that, so it makes no sense for me to do anything other than stay at home. I defy any parent in my position not to do what I’m doing.’

That isn't our problem though.

If people on benefits are better off than those working - as has been said many times - there is something wrong with the system.

How much rent does she pay?

well actually it is your problem if you continue to pay taxes to a government that creates such stupidity and as she says it is her money, shes been given it by the govt, at that point its hers, shes not obtained the money fraudulently, the same as once someone gives you money its yours,

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

Well spotted! That's exactly what the article is design for, making Daily Mail readers cross. In the same way that the Daily Sport caters for its clientèle with page after page of enormous boobs, the Mail gives you page after page of self-righteous outrage.

Faked picture I think, unless the kids have unwrapped their presents early.

Most pictures of this kind are "fake" in that they are posed.

Local newspapers are a treasure trove of awkward looking, unimaginatively posed shots.

That's exactly what the article is design for, making Daily Mail readers cross.

Pushes all the right buttons.

I'm assuming Mail readers get a cathartic release from all of this?

It's not her fault, it's the government's fault.

Who would say no to a 30k pre-tax a year 'job' that requires you to do nothing but sit at home and play with the kids?

Not only would she need to get a 30k job, she would need to make enough on top of that to cover childcare - which is very very expensive.

It's a simple choice for her to make. But the government should not allow this to happen.

Me and my gf would be better off quitting our jobs and having children. But since we have been sensible and have plenty of savings/shares etc I doubt we'd get much benefits..

Well spotted! That's exactly what the article is design for, making Daily Mail readers cross. In the same way that the Daily Sport caters for its clientèle with page after page of enormous boobs, the Mail gives you page after page of self-righteous outrage.

Quite. What a sad creature the hack with her name on it is, Kathryn Knight, maybe we should all text her to say so:

http://kathrynknight.com/page5.html

Edited by mym

It's not her fault, it's the government's fault.

Who would say no to a 30k pre-tax a year 'job' that requires you to do nothing but sit at home and play with the kids?

Not only would she need to get a 30k job, she would need to make enough on top of that to cover childcare - which is very very expensive.

It's a simple choice for her to make. But the government should not allow this to happen.

Me and my gf would be better off quitting our jobs and having children. But since we have been sensible and have plenty of savings/shares etc I doubt we'd get much benefits..

You get to keep your savings and shares though

Whatever your views on the rights and wrongs of it, the current government are likely to be taking a significant part of this woman's benefits away over the next few years

Feel better now?

It's a fake article. Not far from the truth I bet.

I couldn't find the stunning elouise little on facebook to add her as my [sic] friend and if she's genuine she would almost certailny be on FB

The photo shows an old mac, elouise is clutching an emptly xbox box and her daughter is holding the prized xbox in the background. The radio controlled car is £70 tops.

The box she is holding is for a black Xbox, while girl is holding a white xbox.

Wouldnt not suprise me if they are on their second or third xbox as they do break down often.

I noticed the head line said £3000 on gifts for the kids.

But the article quickly changes to £300 or £400 per child, which is £1400 .. then by adding in things like food and drink and other misc xmas stuff they bump the total to £3000.

£1400 on four kids is high but not excessive especially if you have been hoarding gifts and treats since september or october. works out at £100 per child per month.

You get to keep your savings and shares though

Whatever your views on the rights and wrongs of it, the current government are likely to be taking a significant part of this woman's benefits away over the next few years

Feel better now?

A little. I don't want them to go overboard and make her homeless/penniless though, nobody deserves that while so much money is sloshing about in a 'developed' country.. However she shouldn't be able to afford luxury things working people cannot. There should always be a reward in terms of a better quality of life for people willing to work.

I liked the citizens wage thread benefits would be x min each enough to live on for each person over 18 everybody treated the same.

Thats it if you want to have children you pay for them out of that, if you want four > seven kids if your choice.

According to the article, she's got 21k a year to bring up 4 kids. She claims to spend some £3k on Xmas which means she is spending 14% of her total income on Xmas. If she wants to do that, she'll presumably have to penny pinch the rest of the year. I receive after tax roughly what she gets in credits which goes on the wife and I (Mrs FaFa is currently unemployed). We do not exactly live like kings, so I doubt the rest of their lives are enviable. I'd imagine everything else would have to be basic line/second hand/charity shop. She is entirely correct in her views IMHO - she has a lifestyle she wants and has calculated the income she needs to get it. This involves going on benefits, so she has done that. The problem is the government's approach to taxation and spending which rewards rent seeking and punishes work. Ultimately the kids will grow up and leave, at which point she will be an unskilled middle aged woman with no employment prospects and severely reduced benefits and therefore will be dependant on her children for the rest of her life.

And she is from Cornwall, so probably her children are destined for the same miserable, dependant lives. Oh and she's borrowed the money for Xmas, presumably from one of those wonderful short term loan chappies with their fantastic interest rates.

Edited by FaFa!

if she's genuine she would almost certailny be on FB [facebook]

Speaking as an entirely fraudulent person I concur heartily!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Sledgehead

A little. I don't want them to go overboard and make her homeless/penniless though, nobody deserves that while so much money is sloshing about in a 'developed' country.. However she shouldn't be able to afford luxury things working people cannot. There should always be a reward in terms of a better quality of life for people willing to work.

Well the last government's goal was to "reduce child poverty" this government's goal is exactly what you've asked for above

That should make you feel a lot better

Lets hope they dont ****** it up...

Best of luck to her on getting £21k. Considering the looting and tax evasion by the elites in the country its small beer.

It is not "small beer". i hate this rationale and am starting to get suspicious of people repeatedly putting it forward. On benefits yourself by any chance?

How many thousands of people living like this on workers tax will you need to be shown for you to realise this is a serious problem. The workshy breeding like rabbits culture in this country is a cancer eating away at our economy. Obviously it is not the only problem, but it is very much a problem. Until that is recognised nothing will be done about it and it will get worse.

According to the article, she's got 21k a year to bring up 4 kids. She claims to spend some £3k on Xmas which means she is spending 14% of her total income on Xmas. If she wants to do that, she'll presumably have to penny pinch the rest of the year. I receive after tax roughly what she gets in credits which goes on the wife and I (Mrs FaFa is currently unemployed). We do not exactly live like kings, so I doubt the rest of their lives are enviable. I'd imagine everything else would have to be basic line/second hand/charity shop. She is entirely correct in her views IMHO - she has a lifestyle she wants and has calculated the income she needs to get it. This involves going on benefits, so she has done that. The problem is the government's approach to taxation and spending which rewards rent seeking and punishes work. Ultimately the kids will grow up and leave, at which point she will be an unskilled middle aged woman with no employment prospects and severely reduced benefits and therefore will be dependant on her children for the rest of her life.

And she is from Cornwall, so probably her children are destined for the same miserable, dependant lives. Oh and she's borrowed the money for Xmas, presumably from one of those wonderful short term loan chappies with their fantastic interest rates.

+1

Well done

You've just mathematically proved this article is p0rn for Daily Mail readers

By Peter Griffiths and Christina Fincher

LONDON | Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:42am GMT

Scientist studying the average intellect of newspaper readers have discovered that Daily Mail readers are by far the "most dense". The shock findings come after months of exhaustive investigation involving thousands of Sheeple.

"It is quite clear that those who read The Daily Mail exclusively really are thick as $hit", said Dr Liloman. "However, we had problems evaluating the intellect of of other tabloid readers such as The Sun and Daily Mirror as they were incapable of forming coherent sentences when answering our questions". Dr. Liloman went on to say that readers of the "clever papers" such as The Times and Grauniad where only marginally more intelligent, but their own sense of "pi$$, $hit and self importance insulated them from their tragic reality"

Edited by dom

She's got 4 (or 5) Kids. Gets 17K in benefits (which they make up to 21K by adding in the value of all the things that she theoretically gets for free, even if she doesn't actually use them) and manages to save 3K to pay for Christmas.

I say, if she can manage to save 3K for "luxuries" out of a total income of 17K, good on her.

tim