House Price Crash Forum

Watch all of this and tell me if you still hold this view -

It was Nov 2006 by the way.

I can't help but think sound money leads to conflict and war. Either that or you need to actually make things.

Give me paper tokens any day.

I can't help but think sound money leads to conflict and war. Either that or you need to actually make things.

Give me paper tokens any day.

Civil war you favour?

You'll be Tutsi, and I'll be Hutu then.

I object to corvee and so does my class, we outnumber you greatly, when organised we will be a formidable enemy, your demise will be termed genocide.

(Speaking abstractly)

Watch all of this and tell me if you still hold this view -

It was Nov 2006 by the way.

Interesting stuff.

I can see a few ways we in the UK have managed to keep our prices high and the economy 'growing'.

Consider my housing benefit for example. I have it paid by the state to the state (technically its a housing association/part private, now).

When I claimed I was informed it would have to be paid to me, I would then pay it to the housing association. I argued for it to be paid direct to the landlord, and it is, I had to fill out a separate form dictating special circumstances why that should be so, I argued poverty and the temptation to spend it on food etc..

Would me being paid X rent and then paying X rent add to the economy of the UK, numerically that is... ?

The bank at least would say I have a higher income would they not?

Perhaps me being paid X, paying X to an investor paying X to a company that pays X for a mortgage is the plan?

Having it paid to the housing association, although it involves no middle men and is cheaper does not go towards cooking the books?

Some company will soon be getting paid £6500pa for a period of one year on my behalf in order to pay my wages, to get me off benefits, my benefits are only £6300 a year. I'm a right profitable economic pawn me! ph34r.gif