House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Facebook Rightmove Fan Of The Year

rightmove.co.uk

We'd like to say a big thank you to Chris York for being our top fan for 2010! We've picked Chris because of his enthusiasm and dedication to Rightmove, along with his determination to find a buyer for his property. Chris as a little thank you, we are going to "pimp your property" on Rightmove and add £600 worth of products to try and entice the buyer you deserve! We hope you have a Merry Christmas! Rightmove

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26812060.html

He'll need all the help he can get. It's been market since July for £190k. Despite the claims of being **REDUCED**, property bee states otherwise.

301kktv.png

31 Salford Road, Southport, Merseyside - last sold August 2001 for £84,000

Best of luck getting your £100k of free money from some unsuspecting young couple, Chris.

I havent used FB for a long long time but it seems to have turned into some sort of narcissistic joyless marketing orgy (and a refuge for paedos and stalkers i guess)?

Another facebook user that finally woke up to reality...

What else did you think facebook was?

Did you think the FB owners and investors spent millions on datacentres and employees just so you could share your holiday photos and vanity posts with your friends for free?!

It's all about making money off your data in every way possible (mostly in ways you'd never approve, if you knew about them).

BTW, to those who say they don't post anything private on FB, that's not the point, FB collects a lot of data about you that you aren't even aware of, for example everytime you visit a web site that has a FB icon, FB knows you visited that site, so they track all your activity all over the web and know exactly what interest you.

Google does the same, if you have a gmail account (or any other google account), they can associate every web site you visit with your account (due to the omnipresent google analytics urchin that is embedded in more than 90% of all web pages worldwide).

--

Edited by wise_eagle

Best of luck getting your £100k of free money from some unsuspecting young couple, Chris.

This is interesting actually. So say he sells for 10% under asking at £171,000 that leaves £87,000 take off £7k for buying and selling fees and that leaves £80k deposit for his next house. And that is assuming he has been on interest only and has £0 savings. Yet I noticed him comment on there that he was turned down for a mortgage (before losing his job) and so his selling to rent.

I think this is a case of I've MEWed and lived it up and now I want someone else to pay for my holidays/car/whatever for me!

'entice the buyer you deserve!'

how can you 'deserve' a buyer if you're trying to sell an overpriced heap of bricks with nothing in your favour 'cept blind optimism

Still won't sell? House sale fell through?

Hmm.. wonder what his best course of action to remedy that would be?

I'm not going to begrudge him £600 after the rubbish year he says he's had.

I wouldn't begrudge him £600 either. If the story was true, of course. However, the whole thing feels bogus to me.

It's not £600, it's £600 worth of "products". I guess tagging a file a couple of times counts as a "product"? Or maybe it's the Virtual Tour, the one which gives you Error 404 Not Found that's worth £600?

This is definitely some bullshizz and Rightmove ought to be ashamed for thinking they could pull the wool over peoples' eyes with this rubbish.