House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Ooo

I thought I would share this on a new thread mainly cos I can't remember which thread I'd been discussing it on before.

After my trip to neurologist they've written to my GP confirming he's sending me for a MRI.

He says I have hyperreflexia, ankle clonus unsustained and finger jerking but with downgoing plantars. This is in addition to the numb face he details too.

Can't wait for the scan :)

And don't ya just love the interweb for being able to look up things. :)

I thought I would share this on a new thread mainly cos I can't remember which thread I'd been discussing it on before.

Untitled DocumentAfter my trip to neurologist they've written to my GP confirming he's sending me for a MRI.

He says I have hyperreflexia, ankle clonus unsustained and finger jerking but with downgoing plantars. This is in addition to the numb face he details too.

Good luck, my missus was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia following shocking facial pain (its known as the suicide disease!)

the mri scan confirmed this and she had a nuero op.(facial nerve) at the walton centre in liverpool. She has been pain free ever since - thank god

Good luck, my missus was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia following shocking facial pain (its known as the suicide disease!)

the mri scan confirmed this and she had a nuero op.(facial nerve) at the walton centre in liverpool. She has been pain free ever since - thank god

Thanks Chuck!

Can you ask the missis what the MRI was like ... ta! :)

How still do you have to stay? (Not that I fidget a lot!)

:)

Thanks Chuck!

Can you ask the missis what the MRI was like ... ta! :)

How still do you have to stay? (Not that I fidget a lot!)

:)

hello - she only had her head done, but had to stay still for 20mins - not for claustrophobics!

My ex wife was diagnosed with " a very large opinion", and was recommended to marry somebody less deaf! :huh:

hello - she only had her head done, but had to stay still for 20mins - not for claustrophobics!

How still? lol I can appreciate they don't let you dance or anything ... :)

How still? lol I can appreciate they don't let you dance or anything ... :)

as still as practically poss :-}

After my trip to neurologist they've written to my GP confirming he's sending me for a MRI.

Bah not as interesting as sexlexia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_4Q6WfZNY

I had a head MRI for something earlier this year.

I'm a definite wriggler, and was worried about keeping still too! However, it was fine, it's just incredibly noisy in there... things are very close to your face, and I remember picking a point that I'd focus on for the whole time I was in there, and then the outer machine bit started spinning... and of course the bit I'd picked to focus on started spinning too!

In the end, I shut my eyes, sang favourite songs in my head to keep my mind off the job, and to distract me from wanting to wriggle. By the end the machine sounded like it should have been some kicking drum and bass type thing (LOTS of chuntering and whirring etc), and I remember wondering if I should have taken my wedding ring off (they didn't check, and it was just a head scan) as I could feel the pulses through it.

I'm a worrier, and was lucky enough to have been phoned with a slot due to a cancellation for the next day, so didn't have time to worry about things which was good for me. In the end, as it turns out there wasn't anything to worry about, it's just a strange and noisy experience!

Hope all goes well for you.