House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
getknk

Amendment Of Contract

Hi Guys,

I was sharing flat with my friend(F1). Since he had to vacate, i 'm planning to share with another flatmate(F2)..

The current rental contract is with landlord , me and F1 with an agency who acts in between. Since F1 left, i'm planning to add another person F2, the agency now asks for complete renewal of agreement with additional payment of £520 for referral/VAT etc.. and starting of a new contract for 1 year !!!

So my question is

1. Is there a possibility or right to add a person after paying a small sum?

2. Any ideas (like speaking to landlord) to make it as a continous contract?

3. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.. especially those people who have gone thru this situation?

you should have come here first.then I'd have suggested you not mentioning it and they'd never know.as for the fees,tell them to f*** off.as for the new contract,same.

I'm sure the legal eagles may well disagree-and it would be interesting to hear their perspective-but in the real world most LL's are quite happy as long as the rent's being paid and the place is being looked after.it's only the LA who wants the fees.

your choices now.

1 tell the LA's/LL that F1 has moved back in.Get F2 to move in and carry on as before.

2 phone LL tell him Mr Void is going to come calling if you have to pay £520.

3 Tell the LA/LL that you've decided to keep it on,on your own.And then move F2 in.

Where are you?Mayfair?Those fees are off the scale.

thanks m8.. i'm in Reading/BSK between location.. rent is high at 825.. hence they calculated based on VAT 20% for nxt year..

Nice idea to call LL and let them know of the situation.. till that time, i'm gonna say F1 is still present.