House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Crimbo Forecasts : Any Willing To List Three In Their Siggy

Anyone got the guts to come up with 3 forecasts to be placed in their siggy for an entire year. "The Crimbo 3"

I think mine will be:

1. House prices down by at least another 15 % from January to December 2011.

2. Euro will have another very bad year and Sterling will drop below 1.50 again and stay at that level most of the year.

3. European and US Stock markets will end 2011 slightly lower than where they are now and gold will prove to be a BiG dissappointment as inflation fails to materialise in any significant way and the $ does not come to an end.

Oi--that's 4!

in response to your 3 predictions

1. House prices down by at least another 10 % from January to December 2011 in nominal terms.

2. $1 = 1 euro at some stage in 2011.

3. a year is a long time in the stockmarkets so undecided on this one , certainly look due a correction from these levels

House prices down at least 15%

Reason:

Many coming to the end of their SMI

Banks have to repay the Special Liquidity Scheme

No sign of looser lending

No wage inflation on the horizon

No good news for business on the horizon

Public sector cuts (and business connected with supplying them)

Edited by exiges

Anyone got the guts to come up with 3 forecasts to be placed in their siggy for an entire year. "The Crimbo 3"

I think mine will be:

2. Euro will have another very bad year and Sterling will drop below 1.50 again and stay at that level most of the year.

3. European and US Stock markets will end 2011 slightly lower than where they are now and gold will prove to be a BiG dissappointment as inflation fails to materialise in any significant way and the $ does not come to an end.

Oi--that's 4!

Could you post your 2010 predictions which you have now removed from your sig?

Please........... :lol:........... :D

Edited by i'm Alan Partridge

Unemployment up by 500,000.

Massive leap in repossessions.

Nation erupts with joy as Kate and Wills announce impending arrival of further parasite.

1, Spot gold to hit a minimum of £1,250 per ounce as Britain's economy buckles under this new little ice age.

2, UK experiences race riots - everyone versus Muslims and those perceived to be Muslims.

3, A homeless and starving colony of former Housing Benefit recipients turn to cannibalism and after capturing Eric Pickles proceed to feast on him for a fortnight.

Could you post your 2010 predictions which you have now removed from your sig?

Please........... :lol:........... :D

The best ones which made some a small fortune ( ;) ) :

IIRC, Euro having a bad year--which it did.

Pound would dip below 1.50, which it did

DC getting elected with a working majority, which he did, albeit with Cleggers in tow.

IIRC your 3 forecasts for 2010 were GOLD to the moon, end of the US $ and the Euro sky high--right? :lol:

BTW gold is in a dangerous rangebound mode suggesting the bull has had its run. The triple top has averaged at $1374 which was a top someone on here suggested several weeks ago.

Fly me to the moon............................................

I think mine will be:

Oi--that's 4!

I predict the exact opposite of this will happen.

:P

1) Fewer houses built inn 2011than any year since the war.

2) Mortgage finance dries up more in the coming year than in the last

3) Record price falls, but unactionable as nothing is on the market.

Edited by Bring forth the guillotine

Very few, if any HPCers, will be putting any forecasts in their siggy. Fear is the lowest of all human emotions as it debilitates and eventually destroys. That is why FDR coined that phrase--there is nothing fear but fear itself. So go ahead, put a forecast or two in your siggy! It may come back to haunt you but at least you would have stood for something and it is better to stand for something and be wrong than to stand for nothing and be right.

Very few, if any HPCers, will be putting any forecasts in their siggy. Fear is the lowest of all human emotions as it debilitates and eventually destroys. That is why FDR coined that phrase--there is nothing fear but fear itself. So go ahead, put a forecast or two in your siggy! It may come back to haunt you but at least you would have stood for something and it is better to stand for something and be wrong than to stand for nothing and be right.

I just wish Sibley was still here so I could put some more of his pearls of wisdom in my signature... without Him, we are just little ships smashed on the rocks at the bottom of the lighthouse!

These were mine :

Predictions for 20 December 2011 made one year earlier :

1. UK house prices down by more than 15% in nominal terms in the year

2. Sterling below USD 1.25

3. Gold above GBP 1,250 per ounce

I fully expect to be laughed at throughout 2011 .....

1. Bond yields to steadily increase.

2. Eurozone crisis resulting in dissolution of the Euro (as we know it at least).

3. Gold and Silver to continue their ascent at an increasing pace (averaging out short term volatility) from that in 2010.

Putting my money where my mouth is, so going in my Sig now.

1. Bond yields to steadily increase.

2. Eurozone crisis resulting in dissolution of the Euro (as we know it at least).

3. Gold and Silver to continue their ascent at an increasing pace (averaging out short term volatility) from that in 2010.

Putting my money where my mouth is, so going in my Sig now.

Done it ;)

The best ones which made some a small fortune ( ;) ) :

IIRC, Euro having a bad year--which it did.

Pound would dip below 1.50, which it did

DC getting elected with a working majority, which he did, albeit with Cleggers in tow.

IIRC your 3 forecasts for 2010 were GOLD to the moon, end of the US $ and the Euro sky high--right? :lol:

BTW gold is in a dangerous rangebound mode suggesting the bull has had its run. The triple top has averaged at $1374 which was a top someone on here suggested several weeks ago.

Fly me to the moon............................................

Only predicition i made was for gold to out perform sterling, that was Nov 2008. No moonshots ever predicted rockets ect ect, just to out perform. Look forward to your 2011 y front wetting when gold falls 1%, 2%, 3% on some days. Seasons Greetings :)

Only predicition i made was for gold to out perform sterling, that was Nov 2008. No moonshots ever predicted rockets ect ect, just to out perform. Look forward to your 2011 y front wetting when gold falls 1%, 2%, 3% on some days. Seasons Greetings :)

:lol:

No doubt gold finishing the coming year higher will be yet more damning evidence to RB's eye's that it's in a bubble!