House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zebbedee

My First Black Monday

I'm calling a black monday as I just have a really uneasy feeling about north/south korea, and the effect of the threat to Bank of America from wikileaks (what do they really have on them and others), tomorrow'll be the day it all goes pete tong. :rolleyes:

Now time to wait and see if I crash and burn :P

I don't think we'll get any dramatic movements this side of New Year.

I my (internet-educated, and therefore dubious) opinion, trading volumes will be low, and people wanted to engineer wild movements now would be the time to do it, but they won't. There are loads of timebombs waiting to go off, but they won't go off until all the various hues of bankers are back at their desks after the holidays.

I'm calling a black monday as I just have a really uneasy feeling about north/south korea, and the effect of the threat to Bank of America from wikileaks (what do they really have on them and others), tomorrow'll be the day it all goes pete tong. :rolleyes:

I've got insider information on Bank of America. A couple of weeks back I closed my account pulling out the last 57 cents. This might well constitute a run on the bank and tip them over the edge. Dreadful bank with terrible service.

Edited by Xurbia

I've got insider information on Bank of America. A couple of weeks back I closed my account pulling out the last 57 cents. This might well constitute a run on the bank and tip them over the edge. Dreadful bank with terrible service.

Unless it's from Ken Lewis's replacement I would take it with the proverbial. If BOA goes so does the US banking system. Won't happen. You think that the Fed will let a huge amount of common folk crash and burn after what they did on Wall Street? This is not a savings and loan or a regional, this is a nationwide bank.

That 57cents of yours was probably supporting a loan book of at least $600,000,000.

I don't think we'll get any dramatic movements this side of New Year.

I my (internet-educated, and therefore dubious) opinion, trading volumes will be low, and people wanted to engineer wild movements now would be the time to do it, but they won't. There are loads of timebombs waiting to go off, but they won't go off until all the various hues of bankers are back at their desks after the holidays.

I was always under the impression that when volumes were lower the markets were more rational?

Your forecast of doom is about as accurate as all the others that have been on here down the years.

- Asian markets were slightly down but European ones and US futures are up.

- North Korea have announced that they won't react to the South's war games.

- No sniff of anything from wikileaks thus far.

Those aside you're doing rather well. :lol::lol:

Your forecast of doom is about as accurate as all the others that have been on here down the years.

- Asian markets were slightly down but European ones and US futures are up.

- North Korea have announced that they won't react to the South's war games.

- No sniff of anything from wikileaks thus far.

Those aside you're doing rather well. :lol::lol:

O well, bv33er :P

Yep.

You uber bear boys are wrong yet again.

Incase you haven't noticed, we are in a multi year bull market. When pessimism exists and 'today must be a Black Monday' talk by joe public, then this is a healthy sign for the markets.

Once joe public and the big funds have piled cash into the markets (currently huge outflows from equities and huge inflows into confetti bonds), then we will be in bubble territory.

Interest rates are negative by the order of 600-700%. Until these become positive, then the stock market and commodities will be the only place to be.

Any chance of the BoE having the balls to make interest rates positive anytime soon? I dont think so.

Edited by ringledman