House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
getknk

What's An Industry And How It's Useful To The Country?

Had a thought after looking into another thread... I can see Govt is promoting industries, small size companies etc.. I dont think they are beneficial as long as it has a money flow from other cash rich countries.. Please put your opinion and provide the industries which u reckon is good for the UK

1. Firstly Govt should identify just any industry is not good for economy. Not any industry which generates tax is not good.

eg. Do you believe CARE industry is an industry? I dont think so.. The net output to the country is negative.

2. Export oriented industry is good unless the overall impact is positive. For eg. if its utilising valuable resources of the country, but the revenue generated is not upto the value, its not efficient

3. I always felt, UK's more of an importing economy. There is nothing harm in importing from cheaper value, unless the recycling process is enabled. This would hold good for any products Can't find any harm in buying stuff from China as long as its cheaper (in buying cost + disposal cost) rather than reinvent the wheel here.

4. Identify value generating industry and aid them to be efficient.

classic example is Iphone - product developed in cheaper country but the branding done by valued company.

5. Don't think/predict for a very long term approach on any industry as this will be replaced in future by better methods. Change will be always there!!

6. Improve consultation programmes -

eg.

Royal mail should provide consultancy/license on their services to developing country postal department to use their methods/licenses.

Oxford university should open its education centre in China/India/Middle East with quality education

B)

Edited by getknk

There should be some Core industries which are nationalised and free at point of use. (Transport, health)

Some should be subsidised. (Agriculture/manufacturing)

Some should be banned. (Usury)

And others allowed (shopkeeping/service advanced healthcare etc.)

You need outside money to increase the money inside the uk

Othwise you are just recycling the existing money and bank-eroding it

absolutely.. that's why i started the thread..

just wanted to get opinions from others and the industries which be categorised similar to that..

I feel the UK is just using some recycled mortgage money and debt to run the economy..

Edited by getknk