House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Robert Prechter Has Gone Quiet?

You can find him though in his online ads for his Elliot Wave stuff whenever you go to one of the doomsters financial blogs or websites.... but it is hard to find him in Google News when you do searches for info on the markets.

Funny that.

Group-think?

Methinks there is serious money to be made nowadays providing doomster financial news to those who believe that 1929 is always just hours away. Look at the hundreds of sites and blogs that do so.

Edit

It is just like all those sites that claim aliens landed at Roswell or that the planet is run by giant lizard people.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

Not to worry, as soon as we get another 2-3% drop in stock markets he'll be back on the airwaves looking for a new crop of subscribers with end of the world predictions.

One day he'll probably be right which will give him a further 20 years to boast that he predicted the crash of 20xx, in the meantime those that follow him will be bust. But that's never stopped any of his kind now has it.

Not to worry, as soon as we get another 2-3% drop in stock markets he'll be back on the airwaves looking for a new crop of subscribers with end of the world predictions.

One day he'll probably be right which will give him a further 20 years to boast that he predicted the crash of 20xx, in the meantime those that follow him will be bust. But that's never stopped any of his kind now has it.

Yep, I agree. Sadly, I wished I had wised up to his like, and others, 20 months ago.

I think Prechter's business is guilty of many of the charges laid at him by TMT. His endless top-calling throughout this cyclical bull has been cringeworthy. But his economic thesis outlined in Conquer the Crash was easily the most perceptive of any of the bear pundits.

Hasn't his 10 year long recommendation to hold shorted-dated Treasuries and a small physical gold position outperformed the dividend-reinvested S&P anyway? The people that 'follow' him are most certainly not bust, unlike those that capitulated out of stocks in early 2009 or invested everything they had in property (in the US).

Edited by 50sQuiff

I think Prechter's business is guilty of many of the charges laid at him by TMT. His endless top-calling throughout this cyclical bull has been cringeworthy. But his economic thesis outlined in Conquer the Crash was easily the most perceptive of any of the bear pundits.

Hasn't his 10 year long recommendation to hold shorted-dated Treasuries and a small physical gold position outperformed the dividend-reinvested S&P anyway? The people that 'follow' him are most certainly not bust, unlike those that capitulated out of stocks in early 2009 or invested everything they had in property (in the US).

So he got two out of twenty odd predictions right.

What I find ridiculous is the lack of doubt in these gurus' predictions. And what gets to me are the wild exaggerations to support their fear based promotions. That's just trying to take advantage of people.

Edited by _w_

So he got two out of twenty odd predictions right.

It's not so much that. What I find most creepy is the exploitative hard-sell sales pitch from EWI, which seems to be built on a high churn affiliate revenue model.

Whereas Prechter's broad advice of 'safety first - Treasuries with a bit of gold, no property or stocks' has been sound over the last decade.