House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

How Is The Snow Affecting Viewings? Anyone Any Info

I was just wondering the same. Hopefully, this spell of weather will start getting the indexes going -ve and get a bit of momentum going for the downwards fall.

I'm getting totally fed up waiting for things to make a sizeable downwards step. I'll have to buy this year regardless, I can't put my life on hold any longer. They are still overpriced for semi-detached houses in Belfast, however, it is obvious that maintinaing high house prices is part of the plan as so many people are tied up in it and a crash is not going to go down well with the electorate if they drop any further. Their only chance was to crash it immediately they got into power. Now the public view everything as coming from the coalition, not a Labour legacy.

Edited by ravedave

I was just wondering the same. Hopefully, this spell of weather will start getting the indexes going -ve and get a bit of momentum going for the downwards fall.

I'm getting totally fed up waiting for things to make a sizeable downwards step. I'll have to buy this year regardless, I can't put my life on hold any longer. They are still overpriced for semi-detached houses in Belfast, however, it is obvious that maintinaing high house prices is part of the plan as so many people are tied up in it and a crash is not going to go down well with the electorate if they drop any further. Their only chance was to crash it immediately they got into power. Now the public view everything as coming from the coalition, not a Labour legacy.

i think i am going to put an offer in tomorrow on a house

Those rear wheel drive beemers are useless aren't they?

oohh cars..my favourite :-)

My ex's BMW had a limited slip function using the brakes to stop spinning and engine back-off traction control, sounded good tech to me but fairly useless in the snow, I ended up switching off the traction control after getting stuck. The main problem I am seeing is all these cars with wide wheels and daft drivers. Just came up a less used road in Helens Bay today after dog walking in Crawfordsburn beach, there was an fancy FWD Audi with wide wheels stuck on a part I would barely describe as a hill. I stopped behind him waiting for traffic to come past, then pulled out and overtook him in my RWD 1995 Volvo 940, with no traction tech whatsoever (except ABS).

oohh cars..my favourite :-)

My ex's BMW had a limited slip function using the brakes to stop spinning and engine back-off traction control, sounded good tech to me but fairly useless in the snow, I ended up switching off the traction control after getting stuck. The main problem I am seeing is all these cars with wide wheels and daft drivers. Just came up a less used road in Helens Bay today after dog walking in Crawfordsburn beach, there was an fancy FWD Audi with wide wheels stuck on a part I would barely describe as a hill. I stopped behind him waiting for traffic to come past, then pulled out and overtook him in my RWD 1995 Volvo 940, with no traction tech whatsoever (except ABS).

beemers are bad

but them feckin minis seem to be stuck every where i wander

then i read this

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/bmw-to-lend-euro100m-to-new-buyers-as-firm-enters-car-finance-market-2467175.html

rock the feck on!

Did I pop into the wrong site? lol

No pent up demand in here then. :rolleyes:

Compared to where we were, prices have come down an awful lot. It's definitely worth sniffing about because there is stuff out there that's selling well below asking price.

Good idea to view now as you can test how warm the house is, if the central heating is working, tell the sellers to turn all radiators on prior to your arrival!

Good luck! Where are you looking?

In Derry. Didnt get around to it yesterday. in towo mids now if its worth the point this side of christmas!? Its for a new build that wont be ready for couple of months yet, but i wanted to leave an ititial low enough offer for the builder to ponder. Had originally wanted to do it few weeks ago but wanted to wait until got the mortgage offer in from the bank first to hopefully strengthen the case

Good idea to view now as you can test how warm the house is, if the central heating is working, tell the sellers to turn all radiators on prior to your arrival!

Also, plenty of snow still on the roof is a good sign. Driving around the county, I'm amazed at how many houses still waste oil by heating the attic

Also, plenty of snow still on the roof is a good sign. Driving around the county, I'm amazed at how many houses still waste oil by heating the attic

or perhaps they have something growing

rock on!

beemers are bad

but them feckin minis seem to be stuck every where i wander

then i read this

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/bmw-to-lend-euro100m-to-new-buyers-as-firm-enters-car-finance-market-2467175.html

rock the feck on!

My 530D was unusable last year. This year I sourced second hand winter tyres off ebay for 90 delivered ( for 4). Now she drives around with ease. Nearly as good as my xc90 on summer tyres. Winter tyres are the biz.