House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ill_handle_it

Ex-Employer Information Leak Advice Please

Hi - long story extremely short. I worked in the same role for over twenty years but unfortunately we was sold-out to a company that forced everyone onto new contracts (those that didn't were removed). I left and took them to a tribunal which was botched and I dropped the case at some expense. I now intend to cause them as much trouble and inconvenience as possible and there are no lengths that I won't stoop too. However,I also have no intention of being traced for obvious reasons. I'd like to firstly create a website that can't be easily pulled down and will provide me with 100% anonymity along with safe email addresses that can't be traced back to me. Also would anyone know of any websites that might be of help and possible assistance ? Many thanks in advance -

Hi - long story extremely short. I worked in the same role for over twenty years but unfortunately we was sold-out to a company that forced everyone onto new contracts (those that didn't were removed). I left and took them to a tribunal which was botched and I dropped the case at some expense. I now intend to cause them as much trouble and inconvenience as possible and there are no lengths that I won't stoop too. However,I also have no intention of being traced for obvious reasons. I'd like to firstly create a website that can't be easily pulled down and will provide me with 100% anonymity along with safe email addresses that can't be traced back to me. Also would anyone know of any websites that might be of help and possible assistance ? Many thanks in advance -

whilst you are obviously full of rage now, in the long run remember the best revenge is a life well lived. let it go, build yourself up, and remember that twats usually end up in deep deep trouble as they stry over the line one too many times - the people you have a problem with sound like they fall into that category.

whilst you are obviously full of rage now, in the long run remember the best revenge is a life well lived. let it go, build yourself up, and remember that twats usually end up in deep deep trouble as they stry over the line one too many times - the people you have a problem with sound like they fall into that category.

Thanks but this isn't revenge - I have "stuff" that needs to be told,the public have a right to know,this is not about how they treat their staff - all this happened sometime ago now. If this must be labelled as revenge it most certainly will be served very cold. Thanks again.

Thanks but this isn't revenge - I have "stuff" that needs to be told,the public have a right to know,this is not about how they treat their staff - all this happened sometime ago now. If this must be labelled as revenge it most certainly will be served very cold. Thanks again.

Wikileaks?

Got to 100% agree here. Not only that, but you would be taking a huge risk to yourself/your own future prospects. And frankly, unless the organisation/bosses are very high profile and what they did is of the level of eating dead babies, frankly, nobody really cares. If your story isnt worth giving to wikileaks on the one hand or selling to a national newspaper or news channel on the other hand, you've no story worth telling. Companies treat people like shit all the time, especially at takeover time. It's not news, everyone's been there.

One last thought, your ex bosses, if they are as bad as you say, will probably be amused at the thought of the fact they are still poisoning your life, because it means they have won and they still have power over you. However, mostly, i suspect, they simply wouldnt give you a second thought. The fact that you are letting them run your life when they've forgotten about you also means they've won.

Let it go.

One last thought, your ex bosses, if they are as bad as you say, will probably be amused at the thought of the fact they are still poisoning your life, because it means they have won and they still have power over you. However, mostly, i suspect, they simply wouldnt give you a second thought. The fact that you are letting them run your life when they've forgotten about you also means they've won.

Let it go.

Agreed. Life is short and could end at any time. Don't consume it with obsessional hatred of people who probably couldn't give a to$$ about you. Forget the episode and move on. Or tell Private Eye etc. then move on.

Give us a hint, tax evasion, environmental damage, bribery of officials? There are ways to prod the investigators of those things into action.

It's certainly possible to get email addresses that can not be traced back to you, and it might even be possible to build a website using one, but is anybody going to take your grievances seriously if you insist on hiding behind a wall of anonymity?

It's certainly possible to get email addresses that can not be traced back to you, and it might even be possible to build a website using one, but is anybody going to take your grievances seriously if you insist on hiding behind a wall of anonymity?

This is the point. No one will take it seriously if it's from someone who's hiding. People need to take personal responsibility sometimes and if it's genuinely important that this comes out then he should front up and do it. You won't get very far with the media if you insist on being anonymous unles there are very good reasons bhind it.

Personally, it just swounds like sour grapes and spite.

Give us a hint, tax evasion, environmental damage, bribery of officials? There are ways to prod the investigators of those things into action.

Yes. If there has been unlawful activity, report it to the appropriate authority and move on, let them deal with it. A campaign by yourself via a website will have little credibility and will further the damage to your life that they have already inflicted.

Yes. If there has been unlawful activity, report it to the appropriate authority and move on, let them deal with it. A campaign by yourself via a website will have little credibility and will further the damage to your life that they have already inflicted.

I know someone who's a tax inspector, and they do take anonymous tip offs seriously. As do the DWP. In fact, tip offs are one of the main ways (if not the main way) that they track down tax dodgers and benefits cheats.

Thanks for your advice,I would have been doing this if I'd won the tribunal,I'm not quite sure why it appears this is eating me up,it isn't. However the company are ripping-off members of the public and a few hits on consumer web sites (where this local company are often mentioned) would not exactly require me to give up my day job. I can't come out in the open as it would damage me more than it's worth and under my contract I'm unable to speak about the company even after I've left. My idea was quite simple,a little website with some details of what goes on,it's not front page news but it would shock their customers,I can't say here. It will happen. Thanks again...

Thanks for your advice,I would have been doing this if I'd won the tribunal,I'm not quite sure why it appears this is eating me up,it isn't. However the company are ripping-off members of the public and a few hits on consumer web sites (where this local company are often mentioned) would not exactly require me to give up my day job. I can't come out in the open as it would damage me more than it's worth and under my contract I'm unable to speak about the company even after I've left. My idea was quite simple,a little website with some details of what goes on,it's not front page news but it would shock their customers,I can't say here. It will happen. Thanks again...

Sounds like something Watchdog would go for.

I loathe my ex company and I am sadly aware of it eating me up at times. My public employment tribunal will help, whatever the outcome, as well as bringing the affair to an end, I will also then be able to speak about it in detail and contact those involved if I wish.

I do expect to start the process of forgetting the emotional side of things right away.

I would really examine my actions to avoid doing anything vengeful, other people can decide on that company, it is not for me. Many have already decided to steer well clear without my influence.

There is one person, a dear friend, who is being used against me without his knowledge, it's a nightmare not being able to tell him, but even when it's over and I could reveal a nasty duplicity, I would question my motives.

On the other hand I read that one of the Wiki people is setting up a leaks website about trade and this might be the place for an anonymous tip about corporate malfeasance?

Will it get over run by disgruntled ex employees?

As hard as it is, leaving it well alone and being glad to be out of it is the key.

Would you know of such a site ? I've got TOR but I can't find an email addy that DOES NOT require Java and with Java enabled your IP will be transparent (at least that's what I've read).

Would you know of such a site ? I've got TOR but I can't find an email addy that DOES NOT require Java and with Java enabled your IP will be transparent (at least that's what I've read).

What I mean is that you can use an internet cafe to set up a webmail-based email account which does not require you to provide any alternative email address or disclose identifiable information (Aussiemail is one such provider) but the IP address could still be traced back to the pc you used and any you use in the future to access your account.

What I mean is that you can use an internet cafe to set up a webmail-based email account which does not require you to provide any alternative email address or disclose identifiable information (Aussiemail is one such provider) but the IP address could still be traced back to the pc you used and any you use in the future to access your account.

Yes that is an option I've considered but as you say its then going back to it and leaving traces - to be honest though once it's up - it's up. Just a case of linking it via the particular sites I'm targeting - Thanks for your advise...

If they are 'ripping off' then they will potentially be committing criminal offences, which need to be investigated. As for your contract it's meaningless if offences are being committed, further by not disclosing any such potential breaches you may yourself be committing offences.

You really need to report it either Trading Standards or the Police.

Drop me a PM and I'll be able to advise you in more detail.

Got to 100% agree here. Not only that, but you would be taking a huge risk to yourself/your own future prospects. And frankly, unless the organisation/bosses are very high profile and what they did is of the level of eating dead babies, frankly, nobody really cares. If your story isnt worth giving to wikileaks on the one hand or selling to a national newspaper or news channel on the other hand, you've no story worth telling. Companies treat people like shit all the time, especially at takeover time. It's not news, everyone's been there.

Let it go.

this is EXACTLY how Big Business PISS all over the population.

Giant Global Pharmaceuticals doctoring and witholding tests results releasing drugs with lethal side effects, companies overdosing Aluminium in your drinking water, unproven GM foods/crops released into the foodchains/wilds - the list goes on and on

All so that a few Elites and their hidden shareholders make Billions out of the farmed ignorant and kept in the dark idiots who let them get away with it.

It's time to put a stop to it all.

If that means a few brave and well meaning souls sacrifice their working lives for all of us - so be it!

The bent Greedy bosses of bent companies should all be outed.

I loathe my ex company and I am sadly aware of it eating me up at times. My public employment tribunal will help, whatever the outcome, as well as bringing the affair to an end, I will also then be able to speak about it in detail and contact those involved if I wish.

I do expect to start the process of forgetting the emotional side of things right away.

I would really examine my actions to avoid doing anything vengeful, other people can decide on that company, it is not for me. Many have already decided to steer well clear without my influence.

There is one person, a dear friend, who is being used against me without his knowledge, it's a nightmare not being able to tell him, but even when it's over and I could reveal a nasty duplicity, I would question my motives.

On the other hand I read that one of the Wiki people is setting up a leaks website about trade and this might be the place for an anonymous tip about corporate malfeasance?

Will it get over run by disgruntled ex employees?

As hard as it is, leaving it well alone and being glad to be out of it is the key.

Thanks for your detailed reply - my way of dealing with this and in fact any conflict is to decide that the other party owes me nothing,but that does not mean that one should be passive. How I deal with what happened is my karma and what they did to me as an employer (not me) is their karma - however,I am in a position where morally I have to do something. I do need to protect myself thus why I'm going to make the information available anonymously. I hope your situation resolves it self and you are able to move on...

As for the member who suggested Watch Dog - thank you - good idea :o)

this is EXACTLY how Big Business PISS all over the population.

Giant Global Pharmaceuticals doctoring and witholding tests results releasing drugs with lethal side effects, companies overdosing Aluminium in your drinking water, unproven GM foods/crops released into the foodchains/wilds - the list goes on and on

All so that a few Elites and their hidden shareholders make Billions out of the farmed ignorant and kept in the dark idiots who let them get away with it.

It's time to put a stop to it all.

If that means a few brave and well meaning souls sacrifice their working lives for all of us - so be it!

The bent Greedy bosses of bent companies should all be outed.

I'm afraid my case isn't as high profile ! However I agree with you entirely - there does seem to be a confusion around the difference of revenge and a sense of doing what's right.

It's a retail operation - nothing glamorous but they are taking a lot,I mean a lot of money from people for no reason at all.

If they are 'ripping off' then they will potentially be committing criminal offences, which need to be investigated. As for your contract it's meaningless if offences are being committed, further by not disclosing any such potential breaches you may yourself be committing offences.

You really need to report it either Trading Standards or the Police.

Drop me a PM and I'll be able to advise you in more detail.

Thanks - was unable to pm you ?