House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Unsafe As Houses

An Effective House Selling Strategy?

Thought I'd post this as I've never seen this house selling strategy before and I take an interest in 'innovative' selling strategies:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32000699.html

** PRICE RANGE OF £230,000 - £250,000 **

Vendor NEEDS a "QUICK SALE" and is WILLING TO NEGOTIATE with in the Price range.

So, how does this work then? I offer 230k and we agree on 240k? Essentially the title should read: 'seller is UNWILLING TO NEGOTIATE AND WANTS A QUICK SALE'.

It appears to me that they're trying to give the paper-thin illusion that there's a deal to be done and a bargain to be made here if one moves fast, when, in matter of fact, one has to pay the full asking price AND move fast.

Surely this is likely to be an ineffective selling strategy? Especially when the property is overpriced (just a tad). Even if it's in Stratford 'village' :lol: , I can't see it selling unless they come across a right numpty with some money (a rare thing these days).

Edited by Unsafe As Houses

I take a strong disinterest is such "innovative" sales strategies. They are typically nonsensical.

Since the ad indicates they will accept 230k, why not just put it up at that price and skip the timewasting.

This kind of ad will put off more people than it interests.

I take a strong disinterest is such "innovative" sales strategies. They are typically nonsensical.

Since the ad indicates they will accept 230k, why not just put it up at that price and skip the timewasting.

This kind of ad will put off more people than it interests.

I agree this strategy for selling a house is nonsensical. Most prospective buyers will just pick up that the seller is quite greedy and this will put them off unless they particularly like the house. It's a bit underhand too, ''230k fixed price' gives the same message and would come across as more genuine in my opinion.

I'm interested in the strategies used to sell houses, It's good to become familiar with them and gauge others' opinions.

Edited by Unsafe As Houses

Thought I'd post this as I've never seen this house selling strategy before and I take an interest in 'innovative' selling strategies:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32000699.html

** PRICE RANGE OF £230,000 - £250,000 **

Vendor NEEDS a "QUICK SALE" and is WILLING TO NEGOTIATE with in the Price range.

So, how does this work then? I offer 230k and we agree on 240k? Essentially the title should read: 'seller is UNWILLING TO NEGOTIATE AND WANTS A QUICK SALE'.

It appears to me that they're trying to give the paper-thin illusion that there's a deal to be done and a bargain to be made here if one moves fast, when, in matter of fact, one has to pay the full asking price AND move fast.

Surely this is likely to be an ineffective selling strategy? Especially when the property is overpriced (just a tad). Even if it's in Stratford 'village' :lol: , I can't see it selling unless they come across a right numpty with some money (a rare thing these days).

I think the EA thinks they're being clever.

This says to me that the vendor wants 250k but is willing to go as low as 230k and give the impression that a bargain is available and hopefully secure a 230k offer (IMO it would take some guts to offer significantly lower in light of this strategy)

However, no proceedable buyer in their right mind is offering less than 10% off asking at present (and sensible offers will be lower)

So, thats a max of 225k even if you are a "right numpty with money" as posted above!!

I think the EA thinks they're being clever.

This says to me that the vendor wants 250k but is willing to go as low as 230k and give the impression that a bargain is available and hopefully secure a 230k offer (IMO it would take some guts to offer significantly lower in light of this strategy)

However, no proceedable buyer in their right mind is offering less than 10% off asking at present (and sensible offers will be lower)

So, thats a max of 225k even if you are a "right numpty with money" as posted above!!

I think it's a vendor who's been watching too many channel 4 property shows. The agent is probably banging his head on the desk in disbelief.

You're right though, it'll sit there for ages and eventually it will be marketed properly at a reasonable price or it will withdraw.

for my part I think that he is trying to convey that the property is worth 250k but that he would accept 230k.

what buyer, given the cue that the seller is considering accepting 230k, would offer more than that?