HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

One personal request - might be a bit of a stab in the dark this one, but someone might remember it. All I remember is the sketch not the show. On TV about 7 years ago.

Woman goes to enroll for an evening class in "Learn English as a Foreign Language" on the basis that if she did that, there would be no need to learn foreign languages, since she could be understood abroad. The girl behind the counter painstakingly tries to explain that won't work.

Excerpts:

"I think the course will be of limited use to you, given that you do already speak English"

"Do you want me to draw you a Venn diagram"

Can anyone name the show?

HOLA4411

One personal request - might be a bit of a stab in the dark this one, but someone might remember it. All I remember is the sketch not the show. On TV about 7 years ago.

Woman goes to enroll for an evening class in "Learn English as a Foreign Language" on the basis that if she did that, there would be no need to learn foreign languages, since she could be understood abroad. The girl behind the counter painstakingly tries to explain that won't work.

Excerpts:

"I think the course will be of limited use to you, given that you do already speak English"

"Do you want me to draw you a Venn diagram"

Can anyone name the show?

Wasn't that that Channel 4 show with the 3 female comedians? One of them was in Watching on the Beeb. They did the thong sketch.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Wasn't that that Channel 4 show with the 3 female comedians? One of them was in Watching on the Beeb. They did the thong sketch.

You are a star. For some reason I had "Drop the Dead Donkey" in my head not "Smack the Pony". Wrong action, wrong animal.

(Goes in search of clip)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

That was beyond awful. Which is odd because Dave Allen standup is v. good. One of the first "alternative" comedians wasn't he? Did it go Lenny Bruce, Dave Allen?

I may have unwittingly reduced the career of a comedy genius to a 30 second clip there. That said it's one of the few Dave Allen bits I've ever seen and I was gullible enough not to have seen the punchline coming which is what makes the joke work I guess... both Dave Allen and also Tommy Cooper were just before my time, I think.

HOLA4425

Archived