House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Christmas Sales Ads Already On Tv

Just been watching some TV and first came a B&Q ad telling me they have something like 60% off bathrooms and this was followed up by Tesco informing me they have a clothing sale.

So even before Christmas is over we have sales on.

The high street must be doing really well at the minute.

Yes, I am going to blow the tenner my mad aunt gave me in the January sales! :huh:

While I enjoy a dose of doom-and-gloom as much as any HPCer, isn't this a bit of a non-story?

Haven't stores being starting the Xmas sales before Xmas for several years already?

Just been watching some TV and first came a B&Q ad telling me they have something like 60% off bathrooms and this was followed up by Tesco informing me they have a clothing sale.

So even before Christmas is over we have sales on.

The high street must be doing really well at the minute.

They now do that every year....before you didn't hear the word sale until boxing day....to be truthful there is less of it than recent past history, I think there seems to be less advertising overall. I for one have become numb to it...in fact most of it irritates me so much I make a point of not doing business with most of them. ;)

Edited by winkie

Can't say i ever really understood the point of Boxing day sales personally.

Many of them have spent the best part of the last 3-4 weeks shopping for Christmas gifts , they have one day off then they're back into it with gusto.

Can;t say it appeals to me whatsoever , being crushed in the mad rush for some Chinese tat.