House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny

Birds Eye Up For Sale

Unilever has announced that they will sell the whole Brids Eye business.

This is certainly a shock for the frozen food market. I just wonder how many jobs will go in the UK because of this , I suppose we won't know until we find out who actually buys them. Its not just job from Brids Eye but from other companies that support them via raw materials and services that will be affected.

Doesn't the food industry usually do ok in a recession ?

But we aren't in a proper UK recession yet and their already selling.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article...._page_id=2&ct=5

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Unilever has announced that they will sell the whole Brids Eye business.

This is certainly a shock for the frozen food market. I just wonder how many jobs will go in the UK because of this , I suppose we won't know until we find out who actually buys them. Its not just job from Brids Eye but from other companies that support them via raw materials and services that will be affected.

Doesn't the food industry usually do ok in a recession ?

But we aren't in a proper UK recession yet and their already selling.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article...._page_id=2&ct=5

:unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Dont read into everything to much! Just because a Frozen pea factory changes ownership does not mean a HPC is on the way !

Tell me if granny smith farted too loud on the number 68 bus would this mean a huge recession was going to happen and houses were going to crash ?

Dont read into everything to much! Just because a Frozen pea factory changes ownership does not mean a HPC is on the way ! 

Tell me if granny smith farted too loud on the number 68 bus would this mean  a huge recession was going to happen and houses were going to crash  ?

granny dare not travel the bus and dont eat enough to release farts.

plus it would turn too many people on.

Tell me if granny smith farted too loud on the number 68 bus would this mean  a huge recession was going to happen and houses were going to crash  ?

Your missing the point , All job losses accumulate repossessions and people defaulting on mortgages which all add pressure to incur a HPC.

If they close some birds eye plants down then its not just the employees who are affected but the suppliers of raw materials, fishermen, farming and services companies. Just look at what happened to Rover and how many services companies were affected.

;)

Edited by Johnny

Your missing the point , All job losses accumulate repossessions and people defaulting on mortgages which all add pressure to incur a HPC.

If they close some birds eye plants down then its not just the employees who are affected but the suppliers of raw materials, fishermen, farming and services companies. Just look at what happened to Rover and how many services companies were affected.

;)

plus dont forget the swathes of cod and whiting with no future too,....

;)

Yes but there is something called " Mortgage payment protection insurance" which if you were to lose your job - your mortgage is paid.

Yes but there is something called " Mortgage  payment protection insurance" which if you were to lose your job - your mortgage is paid.

How incredibly naive.

Do you think that people who have lost their jobs will continue spending the same, or do you think it's more likely that belts will be tightened, therefore having a knock-on effect on the rest of the economy?

Besides, does this sort of protection not take a while before it starts paying out? I wouldn't know, as I preferred my own insurance 'policy' of overpaying my mortgage rather than pay exorbitant fees for an insurance of dubious value.

If I lost my job, I would certainly cut back on a lot of expenditure, even though I have this cushion of overpayments. The local pubs would notice a drop in takings for a start.

How incredibly naive.

Do you think that people who have lost their jobs will continue spending the same, or do you think it's more likely that belts will be tightened, therefore having a knock-on effect on the rest of the economy?

Besides, does this sort of protection not take a while before it starts paying out?  I wouldn't know, as I preferred my own insurance 'policy' of overpaying my mortgage rather than pay exorbitant fees for an insurance of dubious value.

If I lost my job, I would certainly cut back on a lot of expenditure, even though I have this cushion of overpayments.  The local pubs would notice a drop in takings for a start.

It is not naive to have Insurance!

As for people loosing their job well of course they will cut back on spending but it wont lead to a HPC !