House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swankyman

Wikileaks Attacked By Banks Not Goverments!

:ph34r:

Funny how all the interest in Julian kicked off again when it was announced that Wikileaks will be releasing information obtained from a major US bank

And now today

He claimed his organisation had been attacked primarily not by governments, but by banks in Dubai, Switzerland, the US and the UK and added that WikiLeaks is continuing to release information about the banks.

Daily Mail Story

Hummmmmmm

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

That quote isn't in the article any more, but it still has links to the terms 'Dubai' and 'Switzerland' at the foot of the article.

Has the Mail been forced/advised to remove that quote, d'you think?

Is there a bank I can move to that doesn't use master card or visa dose any one know?

I'm getting a bit fed-up with all this s**t.

Is there a bank I can move to that doesn't use master card or visa dose any one know?

I'm getting a bit fed-up with all this s**t.

Some banks offer a Maestro card but I think you will still have issues with that network too.

Yeah, I noticed him say this today too.

He did a public meeting at a Uni somewhere, which used to be freely available to watch on Fora.tv (but doesn't seem to come up on my search for the link now.. ??)

But in this meeting, he mentions the banks several times. This was way before this latest arrest episode.

When you link this up to the recent story about the Royal Bank of Scotland BLOCKING the FSA from releasing the report on what they did wrong. You do start to see who really is in charge of our countries.

Some banks offer a Maestro card but I think you will still have issues with that network too.

yes I think that Maestro is part of master card not sure. Thing is I am quite happy with my bank First Direct I just find myself getting more angry every day with things that go on.

Yeah, I noticed him say this today too.

He did a public meeting at a Uni somewhere, which used to be freely available to watch on Fora.tv (but doesn't seem to come up on my search for the link now.. ??)

But in this meeting, he mentions the banks several times. This was way before this latest arrest episode.

When you link this up to the recent story about the Royal Bank of Scotland BLOCKING the FSA from releasing the report on what they did wrong. You do start to see who really is in charge of our countries.

Oh hang on I've found it.

http://fora.tv/2010/04/18/Logan_Symposium_The_New_Initiatives#chapter_14

:ph34r:

Funny how all the interest in Julian kicked off again when it was announced that Wikileaks will be releasing information obtained from a major US bank

Don't post lies to make your point.

Interest took off when the Government cables leak was mooted.

There has been no leak on bank info.

The US government has attacked Assange. There has been nothing from the banks so far.

There is NOTHING about the banks in the article you linked to.

Stop posting garbage.

The US government has attacked Assange. There has been nothing from the banks so far.

Stop posting garbage.

I saw the live interview with Assang on the BBC this afternoon where he said what is given below and I can confirm they were his exact words.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/12/18/3096591.htm?section=justin

"We have been attacked, primarily not by government... although things are heating up now, but by banks, banks from Dubai, banks from Switzerland, banks from the US, banks from the UK, so yes of course we are continuing to release material about banks," he told CNBC television."

Goes on to say

"Mr Assange said the bank leak would "give a true and representative insight into how banks behave at the executive level in a way that will stimulate investigations and reforms, I presume".

The controversial Australian said that he was ready to unleash tens of thousands of documents that could "take down a bank or two"."

Stop posting garbage.

Please note the term "will be". That means a future state, not current.

Do some research before attempting to make a point.

To quote yourself "Stop posting garbage".

Stop posting garbage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8209335/WikiLeaks-Julian-Assange-fears-he-is-subject-of-an-illegal-investigation.html

try copying and pasting his quote into google

Last I heard, he's also saying the US will impose the death penalty for espionage.

Intruiging charges given the information was presented to him by others. I wonder if everyone who reads wikileaks and talks about it will also be charged with the same. Many newspaper editors will be lined up then.

It could solve the population and unemployment problems, though we will need a few more hangmen.

Last I heard, he's also saying the US will impose the death penalty for espionage.

Intruiging charges given the information was presented to him by others. I wonder if everyone who reads wikileaks and talks about it will also be charged with the same. Many newspaper editors will be lined up then.

It could solve the population and unemployment problems, though we will need a few more hangmen.

Originally it was going to be for treason, someone more intelligent must have poked the Americans with a stick and told them he can't be charged with treason as he isn't an American citizen. His source however is, not sure how American Legislation stands on retrospective changes applying to criminals who have already been charged.

I don't think the Americans could get him on espionage anyway given the first Amendment.

Stop posting garbage.

The Daily Mail article has been altered.

A mirror of the article in it's earlier form is here.

That the Daily Mail has toned down the article is curious in itself. Is the press caving in to pressure?

It would be fun if 50,000 protestors tried to hand themselves in at the US Embassy for treason...

If truly motivated, they can get you on whatever they want.

I think the chances the European court will allow him extradited to the US are pretty slim. They have made it pretty clear that their charges are politically motivated. Talking about killing him (by a ex- vice presidential candidate, no less) and attempts to create new laws to prosecute him, plus the torture regime them are using against Bradley Manning makes me suspect that extradition to the US won't happen.