House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PatientWaiter

Down, Down, Deeper & Down... Bottom End Of The

I'd normally post this in the "what's happening to house prices" thread, but just for your entertainment:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-459...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

These started life at 99K... then some dropped to 89K... then some dropped to 84K then they all dropped to 84K and now some have dropped to 79K...

Down, down... deeper and down as Status Quo once said... :blink:

I'd normally post this in the "what's happening to house prices" thread, but just for your entertainment:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-459...pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

These started life at 99K... then some dropped to 89K... then some dropped to 84K then they all dropped to 84K and now some have dropped to 79K...

Down, down... deeper and down as Status Quo once said... :blink:

Nice find! Yes I remember them first comming on the market a few months back "Ideal BTL investment".....That's quite a hit for an investor to take.

There are lots of properties under 100k !

I measured this last week for my area, which reflects the National average, using a rightmove sample of about 1700 prices - only 0.17% of the properties are £100k or less. :)

Jesus, you're right....just checked 10ft x 10ft.

I've lived in 50sqm apartments in Germany....they are ok for 1 person. Copped off with the odd student bird living in a 25sqm place.....bit pokey, but serves the purpose....but this is like 9smq....can this be right???

Nine square metres??? Am I missing a zero somewhere? Must be!

Sounds about the same size as the first place I rented. It was actually OK for 30 quid a week in 1990 or thereabouts, but what fool would pay 80k for it?

Yep, you can definitely get 1600 sq feet around b'stoke for £350k

That is 16x larger than this studio. Therefore dividing 350k by 16 gives you a tad over £21k

Wow!

Some folks have made a *heck* of a lot of money out of the people buying these places over the last few years.

I've lived in 50sqm apartments in Germany....they are ok for 1 person. Copped off with the odd student bird living in a 25sqm place.....bit pokey, but serves the purpose....but this is like 9smq....can this be right???

:o 3mX3m blimey!!!

hard to believe it but the living room cum kitchen cum bedroom really IS 10 ft by 10ft!.........i live in a small falt and the bedroom's that size!

This house was £139,995 last week

http://www.calderdaleestateagents.co.uk/de...tion.asp?id=117

It has come down for quick sale

OMG someone else noticed these farcical prices in Boringstoke! Am renting here at the moment and everyone in my office takes the mickey out of me being the only non home owner but hey hopefully i wont even need to tell them ' i told u so'

That flat is surreal. The only way you could live in that is if you were using it as a place to lay your head during the working week, before going back to your real home at the weekend, and even then you'd struggle with claustrophobia.

horrible, horrible, horrible. Anyway, it's not a studio, it's a bedsit. Built in bedroom furniture :o - read single-foldaway-into-wall-bed. Nowhere to store stuff. Living area always smelling of the previous weeks cooked dinners (which morphs into the smell of rotten cabbages)

I've done bedsits before. Truly depressing. :(

There are lots of properties under 100k !

Update on the crap on the market listed within the fortnight 110K and under within 40K of London.

13-Sep 1018 Trevor Kicks in. Over 1000 for first time

14-Sep 1085 246

15-Sep 1134 236

16-Sep 1156 228

Its looking good to me!

Edited by Elizabeth

Nine square meters! That's cruel and unusual punishment even by Tokyo standards. My wife and I lived in a 55 sq m apartment, and it was small.

I think the smallest one-room-mansions I saw in Tokyo were about 19 square meters. Usually when these things start hitting the market in volume, it is time to bail out of the market big time.