House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Our Winter Of Discontent

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Petrol-Prices-At-Record-High-Prompting-Calls-For-Strike-Action-In-New-Year/Article/201012315856815?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15856815_Petrol_Prices_At_Record_High,_Prompting_Calls_For_Strike_Action_In_New_Year

Read the comments...people really have had enough....

When the bankers bonuses are announced I can see some trouble,

When I was a student we had a disco in a tent one december....I have fond memories of my "winter of disco-tent". Sorry, couldnt resist it :lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Petrol-Prices-At-Record-High-Prompting-Calls-For-Strike-Action-In-New-Year/Article/201012315856815?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15856815_Petrol_Prices_At_Record_High,_Prompting_Calls_For_Strike_Action_In_New_Year

When I was a student we had a disco in a tent one december....I have fond memories of my "winter of disco-tent". Sorry, couldnt resist it :lol:

Reminds me of a Jamaican building his own website. He has collected two terrabytes of stuff to put on there, but the website could only support half of that, so he had to chose.

"I would like ONE TERR OF DIS CONTENT, not dat content".

I will get my coat.

Reminds me of a Jamaican building his own website. He has collected two terrabytes of stuff to put on there, but the website could only support half of that, so he had to chose.

I will get my coat.

Nice try....almost :lol:

I will get my coat.

nelson-plane_crash.jpg

You think this winter is bad... just wait until next year.

http://news.sky.com/...ion_In_New_Year

Why do you think Labour/G brown/Harman ordered in 30,000 tasers and 'accidently' spent billions £££'s on 1,000 army personnel carriers refitted out with new engines/gearboxes/etc which are no use in Afghanistan??

The b'stards in power are building up their reserves to keep them there and not 'serve the people' but beat them down further in the near future!

They are now so dictatorially paranoid that they are full-on confrontational and averse to any criticism of wrong doing, City scandal, over taxation, being big business lackeys, utterly incorrect decision making - etc

I'm not seeing any fewer cars on the road to say fuel is so high...

What worries me is the last time we were at this level oil was caressing $150 a barrel, today its less that $90.

There is a lot of room for more pain in this dungeon :unsure:

Why do you think Labour/G brown/Harman ordered in 30,000 tasers and 'accidently' spent billions £££'s on 1,000 army personnel carriers refitted out with new engines/gearboxes/etc which are no use in Afghanistan??

Old fashioned war fare. I suspect the elites might suddenly find their internet/phone/power cut off. Credit cards no longer work, bank accounts closed.

Old fashioned war fare. I suspect the elites might suddenly find their internet/phone/power cut off. Credit cards no longer work, bank accounts closed.

Why do you think all major countries are being pushed/so keen on setting up 'Skynet' etc?

The stuff they rob off us is all stashed off shore anyway in Caribbean banks etc

Why do you think all major countries are being pushed/so keen on setting up 'Skynet' etc?

The stuff they rob off us is all stashed off shore anyway in Caribbean banks etc

I think elites are quite vulnerable in an internet/electronic age. In most recent firms I've worked for none of the bosses have understood the tech. Bank boards didn't understand the complexity of the trading or their products. In recent years organisations have to some extent undergone a role reversal with the cleverest (generally being younger and more technical) further down the ranks. So they rely more on the "lower orders" to get things done. Tends to be why employers are now almost paranoid towards new employee recruitment (they almost have to create a cult environment with candidates psychometrically tested for temperament and obedience). My pet theory, but of course I might be wrong.

Edited by Sir John Steed

I think elites are quite vulnerable in an internet/electronic age. In most recent firms I've worked for none of the bosses have understood the tech. Bank boards didn't understand the complexity of the trading or their products. In recent years organisations have to some extent undergone a role reversal with the cleverest (generally being younger and more technical) further down the ranks. So they rely more on the "lower orders" to get things done. Tends to be why employers are now almost paranoid towards new employee recruitment (they almost have to create a cult environment with candidates psychometrically tested for temperament and obedience). My pet theory, but of course I might be wrong.

Please report for reprocessing. Monitoring of your brainwaves shows an unacceptable deviance. B)

A reality always overlooked by banks and governments (And media commentators) is Western and particularly British society has moved on quite a bit from the days of a majority of the Great Unwashed toiling in "Dark Satanic Mills", tugging a respectful forelock to their betters and starving on Outdoor Relief and struggling to still pay significant rents on hovels.

Circa 85% of fresh new funds inflow to the City comes from Mr and Mrs Average: pensions, savings, investments, mortgage, mutuals, ISAs keep on going.

It is OUR money the pinstriped barrow boys wheel and deal with.

By creating a synthetic society and dysfunctional economy, over-reliant on financial services etc. if the majority are driven down to the breadline, then the banks et al will realise they have been sitting on the wrong end of the branch whilst gleefully sawing through.

In other words, they are destroying their own market: and worse, the Goose that lays their Golden Eggs.

Same with Government.

I concluded some time back that the UK economy (The real one on Main Street: not the asinine charade popularly described as "The Markets", and faithfully spieled out by TV commentators and newscasters), is now almost at its Tipping Point.

Government needs to raise taxes dramatically, in order to debt service existing levels of borrowing: and raise yet more to try and bring the budget back into some form of near balance. Simultaneously, they want to make swingeing cuts to social handouts and benefits, such as Housing Benefit: yet also drive up social rents to market levels!

Meanwhile, the energy utilities are whacking on rises as if the actual cost of gas and electricity was so affordable, a majority are not impacted by this rather seriously. Same with petrol and diesel.

The real economy, additionally, simply cannot afford wage/salary rises: ergo, a majorities incomes are static or have even reversed.

With the pound still struggling in Forex markets, then forward, a raft of goods and raw materials will cost much more.

Perhaps the present extended and severe cold spell, will make the balance groan: large shocks are in order, I feel, once the next quarterly meter readings take place..............

I believe it is not how long the Cameron-Clegg Comedy Duo will last: it is rapidly becoming a case of if..............