House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

This Uncut Tax Lot?

What is their agenda? Just trouble causing?

Two issues: no cuts and tax dodging rich. I can only support one of those (never understood why progressives don't get shocked at public waste of money the way conservatives do).

I think they should be rebranded the non-taxpayer's alliance ;)

Seems they want a fair tax system, shock horror. Of course, having noticed the rich and corporates pay not tax, they haven't noticed the seemingly counterintuitive answer that a flat rate tax would raise the tax rate of the wealthy and therefore be more progressive. Since this is the aim on the right they could get a left right coallition on this. However, their twitter feed has stuff saying the TPA are a load of astroturf corporate people so I'm not holding my breath.

What is their agenda? Just trouble causing?

Confused and misguided.

One of them was on t'wireless this morning, debating with someone more clueful. Admitted that tax simplification was a better idea, and morphed his position into getting the issues into public debate.

And yes, any such bandwagon is sure to attract the attention of serious troublemakers. I guess you meant to ask whether they're in charge of the show, to which I don't know, but the twit on the wireless sounded more confused than malicious.