House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Merv: U K Banks Vulnerable To E U Troubles

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-17/u-k-financial-stability-vulnerable-to-european-risks-boe-says.html

U.K. Banks Only `Partially Insulated' From European Debt Crisis, BOE Says
By Jennifer Ryan - Dec 17, 2010 8:50 AM GMT
U.K. financial stability remains vulnerable to Europe’s sovereign-debt crisis even after banks rebuilt capital and the strength of the system improved, the Bank of England said.
“In this environment, it is important that resilience among U.K. banks has improved over the past year,” the bank said in its Financial Stability Report published in London today.
“But the U.K. is only partially insulated
given the interconnectedness of European financial systems and the importance of their stability to global capital markets.”
British institutions also face risks from a sudden increase in bond yields, higher interest rates, and overheating in emerging markets, the report said. The
central bank called on lenders to moderate payouts to staff
and shareholders in favor of retaining profit to strengthen their capital base.

More stating of the obvious so they can say that, this time, they did warn everyone. Carry on being vigilant gentleman.

If they have asked the banksters politely to moderate their pay they might be surprised by the response.*

*Koff.

More stating of the obvious so they can say that, this time, they did warn everyone. Carry on being vigilant gentleman

Didn't you see my thread last night about Merv's new job? Mervyn Couldn't Spot an Asset or Credit Bubble If It Were Under His Nose King has now got to sound like he is Mr Vigilant:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=156298

If globalisation means that countries acting recklessly with their economy in one part of the world can be saved by countries who haven't I see a flaw in the system.

Should I notify someone?

Edited by Reck B

If globalisation means that countries acting recklessly with their economy in one part of the world can be saved by countries who haven't I see a flaw in the system.

Should I notify someone?

there is no flaw as they are all reckless.

Didn't you see my thread last night about Merv's new job? Mervyn Couldn't Spot an Asset or Credit Bubble If It Were Under His Nose King has now got to sound like he is Mr Vigilant:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=156298

To be fair to Merv, he does SEE the bubbles forming. Its the inaction having seen them which is worrisome.

After all, Merv coined: "House prices are a matter of opinion whereas debt is real."

Sadly for him, he will be known as the "Vigilante who just coudn't."

Edited by Realistbear