House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott Sando

You Need To Get Off Facebook

on a slightly different note, it's a bit weird how fathers are shown on American cartoon TV shows for kids.

The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy and American Dad - in all those shows a father (head of a familiy) is shown as a complete idiot with no power and no positive influence over the family unit. Only mothers are shown as the 'sensible ones'. Very strange and annoying. :angry:

This guys ace!

I must be getting too old for this or something.

Yeah I can see his point, but he doesn't see the irony of saying people are judging each other on Facebook, when he's obviously judging everyone who *uses* Facebook. So who's the greater judgemental twit? Those who judge, or those who judge the ones that judge :lol:

I think I *am* getting too old for this. I see these "youngsters" making the same points I probably would have thought cool when I was their age. Now I just think "yes correct, but that's a very obvious and negative point to make, so why bother making it?". A lot of people talk sh*t on Facebook, and collect too many "friends". Well, so what? Let them get on with it. Most are just kids anyway.

I have a FB page, and constantly change my mind over whether to delete it or not. I hate the garbage posted sometimes, and all the showing off. But FB has the small plus of keeping minimal contact with distant people & relatives. The kind of people you don't want too close, but the odd shared joke is amusing.

Anyway, ramble over. Interesting video. But he's got nothing on Bob Dylan ;)

on a slightly different note, it's a bit weird how fathers are shown on American cartoon TV shows for kids.

The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy and American Dad - in all those shows a father (head of a familiy) is shown as a complete idiot with no power and no positive influence over the family unit. Only mothers are shown as the 'sensible ones'. Very strange and annoying. :angry:

Good point, its the same in advertising aswell, you know the reason though, its to engineer a different society, one more easily controlled.

almost as boring as facebook

I don't have an account as the security services may use it against me for something which isn't illegal yet, until the future, and only in another country which is going to get extradition or rendition rights in black planes from us , to a secret location not covered by the Geneva convention and humane politics.....

I must be getting too old for this or something.

Yeah I can see his point, but he doesn't see the irony of saying people are judging each other on Facebook, when he's obviously judging everyone who *uses* Facebook. So who's the greater judgemental twit? Those who judge, or those who judge the ones that judge :lol:

I think I *am* getting too old for this. I see these "youngsters" making the same points I probably would have thought cool when I was their age. Now I just think "yes correct, but that's a very obvious and negative point to make, so why bother making it?". A lot of people talk sh*t on Facebook, and collect too many "friends". Well, so what? Let them get on with it. Most are just kids anyway.

I have a FB page, and constantly change my mind over whether to delete it or not. I hate the garbage posted sometimes, and all the showing off. But FB has the small plus of keeping minimal contact with distant people & relatives. The kind of people you don't want too close, but the odd shared joke is amusing.

Anyway, ramble over. Interesting video. But he's got nothing on Bob Dylan ;)

I don't think he is judging them.

I remember most of those abbreviations being used on mIRC over 12 years ago , facebook hardly 'invented' them.

Rest of the stuff is pretty agreeable though.

Yes, stuff like this always reminds me of the "fascist punks", who rebelled against the conformity of the mainstream only to become even more oppressive with their norms and expectations, and even harsher on the people who deviated.

Good point, its the same in advertising aswell, you know the reason though, its to engineer a different society, one more easily controlled.

No, it's a reflection of men today, who have become pathetic.

No, it's a reflection of men today, who have become pathetic.

Art imitates life!

How does FredFlintstone compare to Homer Simpson? :huh:

The video is spot on. There has been plenty written on social network narcissism and the recent increase in this type of behaviour. It really is a shame that so many people have such a low opinion of themselves and such a distorted outlook on reality that they feel the need to create these virtual personas of themselves.

I use facebook for looking at pics of nights out/holidays. Finding out what peope are doing who I have not seen for ages. And of course looking and birds pics and giving them a bit of chat in the hope of a pull.

For these 3 things facebook is brilliant. Most of the rest is PISH IMO but certainly not a reason NOT to use it IMO.

It has its uses. Like everything. If you let it take over you life it will drive you mental. Like everything.

er isnt youtube just like facebook? If he really didnt want to be judged why put a video on youtube with his real name, thats even worse! he has now had 16k people judge him, and the number will rise. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped facebook for twitter....

Afterall Youtube is a video based social network...

The video is spot on. There has been plenty written on social network narcissism and the recent increase in this type of behaviour. It really is a shame that so many people have such a low opinion of themselves and such a distorted outlook on reality that they feel the need to create these virtual personas of themselves.

Ermmm....

Says someone posting on a house price crash forum giving themself the name of Punk BeaR and having an avator of the animal. :lol:

Virtual persona? Welcome to HPC.

I take it you're not really a furry bear or indeed called Punk Bear on your bank card? ;)

Ironic we two have no connection with any Corbetts! ;)