House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

'public Sector Bloodbath Begins As 33,000 Axed'

What I don't get is zanu labour add 1 million and zanu tory cut 330,000.we still have a massive fiscal deficit.

You honestly think it will only be 330,000?

Nobody doing an important front line job that benefits the rest of society should lose their jobs....the ones that are a drain and overpaid for the job they do should spread some of it around a bit, instead of wasting so much of it. ;)

Nobody doing an important front line job that benefits the rest of society should lose their jobs....the ones that are a drain and overpaid for the job they do should spread some of it around a bit, instead of wasting so much of it. ;)

+1

M60 (ring motorway around Manchester) rammed every morning last week. In the evenings, the west side is rammed until well after 7.30 in the evening. These are people queuing to get in the Trafford shopping centre. Probably most of them public sector workers and they don't seem too worried.

They don't actually have to reduce the public sector workforce. All they need to do is convince the financial markets that they intend to do so. Then they will continue making up money out of nothing to lend to us.

They don't actually have to reduce the public sector workforce. All they need to do is convince the financial markets that they intend to do so. Then they will continue making up money out of nothing to lend to us.

+1

Many of these people are just unproductive, tax-sucking parasites.

If people could choose whether to pay for their "services" and were not forced to do so, then I would bet that many more of them would be out of work.

If people could choose whether to pay for their "services" and were not forced to do so, then I would bet that many more of them would be out of work.

I don't think you understand that in many areas, public sector is all there is. No public sector job and its mac jobs and supermarket shelf stacking, given the collapse of manufacturing.

The good news is there will soon be so little proper business left, there will not be enough for the banksta's in the square mile to loot and sell off or riddle with debt. Hopefully they fook off for good and wreck some other country!

Or a more rational person would say they are just normal workers, no different from people working in private sector companies, who turn up, do a job reasonably well and go home.

I work with IT staff from public and private sector companies all the time, they are pretty much exactly the same.

I don't think you understand that in many areas, public sector is all there is. No public sector job and its mac jobs and supermarket shelf stacking, given the collapse of manufacturing.

Yep, the NHS is by far the largest employer locally, probably employing ten times more than the next largest employer, the bus company, and thirty to forty times more people than the largest local manufacturer. Obviously, the manufacturer is the only one in this mix to generate income but no doubt their business rates are forced ever upwards to pay for the hospital staff and they will eventually relocate to China as every other local manufacturer has done.

Then, when their staff become redundant and start to be a drain on the public purse rather than contributing to it, the vicious circle will turn once again.

Looks like the reality of the cuts is just starting to impact the broader market with the FTSE not up another 1% on bad news today.

33k jobs probably translates to around 5,000 houses on the market after crimbo unless they apply for publically funded mortgage payment relief which seems to be still around to keep the plates spinning awhile longer.

And government jobs tend to be the higher paid so it will be the upscale homes and second homes (country hizes) up for sale.

'Bloodbath' my **** ... all we have seen is a PR exercise designed to con the gullible into thinking the UK is still a safe bet to lend money to (i.e. buy Gilts). I expect monthly deficits to remain where they are or even increase, for the foreseeable future.

Not to worry though, the BoE can just be brought back into play to buy the government's debt instead. What could possibly go wrong? :lol:

Oh lordy, how on Earth has society survived the loss of these selfless, indispensable public servants?

Answer: Their jobs should never have existed in the first place. It's easy to spend other people's money.

Edited by tahoma

The good news is there will soon be so little proper business left, there will not be enough for the banksta's in the square mile to loot and sell off or riddle with debt. Hopefully they fook off for good and wreck some other country!

I do understand this.

Although this in itself does not justify New Liebour increasing the public payroll by over a million people during their years in power.

Lets have another quango!

Regional development assembly outreach co-ordinator, yeah why not, its not real money, we borrowed it.

What could possibly go wrong?

What's that? Oh, now we have to pay it back? Oh, sh1t!