House Price Crash Forum

Nethouseprices.com

AThirdWay

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

A quick read of the webpage you get when trying a Scottish postcode on NetHousePrices explicitly says their 'sold prices' data only covers England and Wales.

The price paid data set that nethouseprices (and all others providing a similar service) buy from the Land Registry only provides data for England and Wales. It costs a fair bit extra to buy the separate file of Scottish data from the RoS.

Its quite possible for organisations to decide Scotalnd is too small (provides too few hits) to generate enough advertising revenue to justify buying Scottish data. After all these sites are commercial organisations not charities. Nethouseprices are either tightwads or have a struggling business and are cutting back their service.

Use a more Scottish website. :)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Nethouseprices certainly did include Scottish prices before.

It must have stopped quite recently. I was able to see Edinburgh prices just a few weeks ago, but now searching for specific streets in Edinburgh brings up nothing. I see that up in the top left corner it says

Free & Independent UK House Prices

Nethouseprices is a free public service and always will be. We provide access to UK house prices in England and Wales, as recorded by the Land Registry (since January 1999).

No mention of Scotland.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Reply from site representative states that Scotland data no longer economically viable. Speaks volumes! :lol:

And from January Land Registry will put up their price for this database for the first time in 5 years.

They work on a theoretical cost recovery basis. The more web sites decide the data is not cost-effective the more the cost goes up for the remainder who do.

Taken to extremes it could be the case that in time few if any organisations find it viable to eat those costs and publish this data for free. We'd have to decide how much we were willing to pay to see these historical house price details.

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4411

Been trying to search Dundee (DD) and Perth (PH) postcodes over the last two days, but all postcodes are reported as not recognised. Anybody else seen this?

Ive been using Nethouseprices for years for Scottish house prices (professionally and personally) but yes ive come across same problem recently. I even registered with them to see if it made a difference but no joy?! I cant understand it myself......