House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

100,000 Jobs To Go By Spring

b*llocks

do you suppose this works, say, for reprocessed nuclear fuel made in Sellafield, or high tech warships made in Barrow, or jet engines made in Bristol, or fighter jets and airliner compoonents made in Preston, or motor industry electronics developed in Cambridgeshire?

no, these are things literally worth their weight in gold and utterly utterly more valuable than widgets, no housing boom required

until the oil runs out...and they have Wafer fabs all over the world...including china...I wonder why?

again, west is higher tech still

and as the east progresses further, so shall we

it is win win in the long run, makes us all richer

please explain the different potential of Chinese, Indian or Eskimo Brains, bodies and skills, compared to the obviously superior Western types....

This is merely the beginning of a terrible episode.

So, there you have it, nearly a million youngsters sitting idle. What a terrible waste of talent.

The politicians, especially Labour, should be ashamed of themselves. These figures should give the government every reason it needs to ban all immigration immediately. The government also needs to tax the crap out of companies that are outsourcing.

I'm astonished and disgusted.

We need to stop buying from the companies that outsource, though that might be difficult as all governments seem to favour it. Really do wonder at times who are politicians really work for. Well I think we know the answer to that and it isn't us!

again, west is higher tech still

and as the east progresses further, so shall we

it is win win in the long run, makes us all richer

And why do we have higher tech? because we used to manufacture. Now we are loosing the skills. If you want to study engineering shortly you will have to emigrate to China.

Also I don't entirely agree that we have higher tech. This country seems enormously backward in many respects. I'm typing this on sub 1MB broadband and in some Far East countries they have 100MB. So much for the information economy.

We need to stop buying from the companies that outsource, though that might be difficult as all governments seem to favour it. Really do wonder at times who are politicians really work for. Well I think we know the answer to that and it isn't us!

Politicians work for themselves. There are probably one or two that are altruistic but not enough to make a difference. The expense's debacle tells you where their interests lie.

I think it would be great for blue-chip companies to advertise if they don't outsource.

There are no morals left in British politics. Just take a look at the Libyan terrorist. Britain really has no backbone.

b*llocks

do you suppose this works, say, for reprocessed nuclear fuel made in Sellafield, or high tech warships made in Barrow, or jet engines made in Bristol, or fighter jets and airliner compoonents made in Preston, or motor industry electronics developed in Cambridgeshire?

no, these are things literally worth their weight in gold and utterly utterly more valuable than widgets, no housing boom required

Can you define the percentage that the industries you cite contriubute to UK GDP. If not, your post is merely rhetoric.

Can you produce the numbers for UK employment. In other words, the percentage of people employed in any given sectors you have cited. If you can't your post is merely rhetoric.

Edited by tallguy