House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
200p

My Landlord Wants Out

My landlord has revealed he wants to sell. He has 3 BTLs bought within the last five years. AS soon as the recession is over and the market picks up - he'll be out.

Well, thats a turn up for the books - I THOUGHT THEY ARE IN IT FOR THE LONG TERM AND ITS THEIR PENSION!!!!

My landlord has revealed he wants to sell. He has 3 BTLs bought within the last five years. AS soon as the recession is over and the market picks up - he'll be out.

Well, thats a turn up for the books - I THOUGHT THEY ARE IN IT FOR THE LONG TERM AND ITS THEIR PENSION!!!!

He could well be drawing his pension before the market picks up :lol:

He could well be drawing his pension before the market picks up :lol:

Of course not. The recovery is locked in. Did you really think that someone on £40k buying a £300k house was a stretch? When the market picks he will be paying £350 to 400k. That's 200 months (or 16.7 years) post-tax income before he's bought so much as a tin of beans or a kwh of electricity. What's not to like? :huh:

Sigh.

If I was in his shoes, I'd keep paying off the mortgages, in a couple of decades, they'd be mortgage free. I could retire with a nice income that will pay for everything, with enough left over for 3 good meals a day and be happy.

Sure you couldn't have a new mercedes every couple or years, or go on a world cruise or jet off to your Spanish villa 6 months of the year - but what pension for the average person can? People need to adjust their expectations.

---

A "poor" man said to a busy billionaire one day, I am richer than you, I have enough.

Edited by Money Spinner