House Price Crash Forum

Cambridge Pub Meeting

Hello Cambridge

Many years ago, back in the pre-credit crunch days of 2006, we organised two or three pub meetings in Cambridge for HPCers to get together and bitch about ever finding something affordable in the city. We even had Financial Planner come to one the meetings.

Both Terminatrix and I clocked up 5 years on this forum this month, were at the original meetings, and think it's time for a repeat.

So, how about resurrecting the idea?

The shortlist of pubs we used last time was:

• The Castle on Castle Hill
  • The Salisbury on Tension Tenison Road (handy for the Station).

A mid week would probably be good. So how about Wednesday 12th January or Wednesday 19th January with a 7pm start finishing at around 9pm. Both pubs do food, I think.

I can't guarantee we'll be able to russle up a celebrity guest but I'm sure we'll have a jolly time nontheless.

Better suggestions for dates, times or venues welcome.

Happy Christmas

Redwing

Hello Cambridge

Happy Christmas

Redwing

Is Geoff's bike shop still up the road from there?

I'm still waiting for the Maidstone pub meet.

Is Geoff's bike shop still up the road from there?

I'm still waiting for the Maidstone pub meet.

Yes, I think so. We've been waiting 4 years for me to arrange this one. If you want something to happen in Maidstone my guess is you need to do it.

[*]The Castle on Castle Hill

[*]The Salisbury on Tension Tenison Road (handy for the Station).

Rather than the Castle (bad service by bar staff, sh*t beer, pricey, etc) I'd recommend the refurbished County Arms opposite. Decent beer, nice environment and friendly staff.

Hello Cambridge

Many years ago, back in the pre-credit crunch days of 2006, we organised two or three pub meetings in Cambridge for HPCers to get together and bitch about ever finding something affordable in the city.  We even had Financial Planner come to one the meetings.

Both Terminatrix and I clocked up 5 years on this forum this month, were at the original meetings, and think it's time for a repeat.

So, how about resurrecting the idea?

A mid week would probably be good. So how about Wednesday 12th January or Wednesday 19th January with a 7pm start finishing at around 9pm.  Both pubs do food, I think.

I can't guarantee we'll be able to russle up a celebrity guest but I'm sure we'll have a jolly time nontheless.

Better suggestions for dates, times or venues welcome.

Happy Christmas

Redwing

Is the Castle Tandoori still running?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Although there hasn't been as much discussion as I'd hoped, I'm still up for a trip into Cambridge to meet up.

So, I'll be in the Salisbury Arms from 7pm this Wednesday. If no one turns up by 7.30 then I'll find someone else to play with.

I'll bag a table and put up some sort of sign with HPC on it e.g. piece of paper on table.

See you all Wednesday!

Redwing

Edited by redwing

By way of minutes -

Attended: redwing, tonester, munro, terminatrix + partner (terminator, I suppose)

Discussion: varied.

Beer drunk: definitely.

Worth doing again: why not? Perhaps a little later in the evening to catch workaholics and commuters.

Personally, it was great to see you all again after so many years. How can we get some new blood along?

Redwing