House Price Crash Forum
moonriver

"house Prices Up £5,000 In A Year".

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Newspaper-Front-Pages-Wednesday-December-15-2010/Media-Gallery/201012215854712?lpos=UK_News_Left_Promo_Region_0&lid=GALLERY_15854712_Newspaper_Front_Pages_Wednesday_December_15_2010

"House prices up £5,000 in a year.

Property still strong".

Can't find the full article yet, bet you can't wait to read it. :lol:

Ian Collins now discussing it on Talk Sport

He says...."why they still lying to us about property, they are going down , not up.

pirces need to come down about 40% because they are just too expensive."

http://news.sky.com/...ecember_15_2010

"House prices up £5,000 in a year.

Property still strong".

Can't find the full article yet, bet you can't wait to read it. :lol:

Ian Collins now discussing it on Talk Sport

He says...."why they still lying to us about property, they are going down , not up.

pirces need to come down about 40% because they are just too expensive."

30p, I'd rather have a chomp.

I see there's still some confusion, as to the difference between debt and wealth!

I do laugh when the banks sell each other debt as an "asset"! :blink:

These sorts of articles are the last throw of the dice in the hope that there are people who do not follow the other popular news reports of the major indices.

I guess it is aimed at "pester power" where parents bombard their offspring with "why aren't you buying? You'll miss the boat, 'cos I read it in the papers, innit?".

Magnificent article. I especially liked:

Pessimists had forecast a crash as banks and building societies caused a mortgage drought by refusing to lend and the recession took its toll.

But Britons refused to give up their home-owning dream and clawed their way on to the housing ladder, or up it...

Edited by the flying pig

Compare and contrast with this headline

Repossessions to rise in 2011, lenders forecast

Mortgage arrears and repossessions will rise modestly next year, the Council of Mortgage Lenders (CML) predicts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11992804

F*** me, what genius released that.

Unemployment will rise, IRs will start to rise from their low levels, wages not going up, I wonder if that will lead to a rise in repos. Hmmm.

I think gold is a buy at todays levels.*

Cue evil genius laugh:

Muh huh huh huh huh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol::lol::lol:

You're obsessed, man. You were wrong. Just let it go.

You're obsessed, man. You were wrong. Just let it go.

No, you don't understand. Goldbugs are obsessed which is the reason for my response. I try to persuade them that there are other investments or topics and not totake gold so0 seriously. House prices are the REAL obsession here given the amount of time some spend on this site--and for years some of them. Pots and black kettles if you know what I mean. ;)

I make 5 grand on 165K a decline in real terms...?

Of course, it's the trend we're looking for. On Monday, according to the Daily Express headlines, HPs had fallen 3% in four weeks: My link

So, 5,000 turnaround in 48 hours is pretty good I reckon.

Shame Sibbers hasn't provided us with his wisdom in the comments. Indeed, as those posting there have noticed, the Express only allows comments on articles that show a rise...

No, you don't understand. Goldbugs are obsessed which is the reason for my response. I try to persuade them that there are other investments or topics and not totake gold so0 seriously. House prices are the REAL obsession here given the amount of time some spend on this site--and for years some of them. Pots and black kettles if you know what I mean. ;)

(slaps forehead)

But it was YOU who brought it up, RB. If you want to discuss gold, head over to the gold forum.

Me thinks you're just trolling.

(slaps forehead)

But it was YOU who brought it up, RB. If you want to discuss gold, head over to the gold forum.

Me thinks you're just trolling.

(hangs head while nodding it left and right while going tut ut).

No--it was in response to Sir John's post above. The gold bugs are quite touchy about posts that threaten their raison d' etre and open themselves to a little jesting. Off to the gold forum with them--agree.

Clearly I've got it all wrong!

I've just been out to a house that we sold six months ago for £350k she's thrown a few quid at it and now thinks it is worth half a mill! Another listing I've lost is identical to one we got an offer on a couple of months ago and they've gone with another agent for £30k more.

Come to Peterborough prices are rocketing here! :huh:

:lol:  This tickled me

(I must be getting old as I thought Chomps were 15p?)

Tickled me too - I thought  "a chomp" was a euphemism for blowjob!   

Edited by mikthe20