House Price Crash Forum
Guest Guy_Montag

Credit Card Offer: 59% Apr

Guest Guy_Montag

That's jolly nice of them, actually the apr is 48 to 69%.

Meant to bring in the bumpf so I quote it all. I can't remember the name (edited to prevent lawsuits - can't find them online).

In fairness, no charges for late payments etc.

& I imagine I have a pretty good credit record. Though I don't use my credit cards very often.

edit: since things are getting pretty heavy on some other threads, thought this might give you a smile.

Edited by Guy_Montag

Vantage I think the call themselves, meant to bring in the bumpf so I quote it all.

& I imagine I have a pretty good credit record.  Though I don't use my credit cards very often.

edit:  since things are getting pretty heavy on some other threads, thought this might give you a smile.

I'm cutting up my 6.9% MBNA card right now!

:lol:

I was offered one of these too, with a massive £200 credit limit.

I wrote my opinions about their offer on the leaflet & stuffed it all back in the reply paid envelope and returned it to them at their expense.

They're owned by Provident Personal Credit, so 59% apr is quite low by their standards <_<

Meant to bring in the bumpf so I quote it all.  I can't remember the name (edited to prevent lawsuits - can't find them online).

& I imagine I have a pretty good credit record.  Though I don't use my credit cards very often.

edit:  since things are getting pretty heavy on some other threads, thought this might give you a smile.

This was mentioned on another forum I visit and some posters were rather rude to the OP, suggesting that this offer might say something about the OP's credit rating. Jesting of course.

It does show though, that there must be folks who will take this on, otherwise those issuing would not bother.

Scary.

An interest rate pricing in lots of bad debt?

Guest Guy_Montag

I wrote my opinions about their offer on the leaflet & stuffed it all back in the reply paid envelope and returned it to them at their expense.

They're owned by Provident Personal Credit, so 59% apr is quite low by their standards  <_<

Dammit just looked at their website, they could have offered me an "easy shop card"

APR 152.3%

http://www.providentpersonalcredit.com/easyshopcard.php

They're owned by Provident Personal Credit, so 59% apr is quite low by their standards  <_<

Ah, now that might be it.

A way to provide those not normally able to get one, the "status" of a "credit" card.

Very egalitarian, plastic for all.

This was mentioned on another forum I visit and some posters were rather rude to the OP, suggesting that this offer might say something about the OP's credit rating. Jesting of course.

I put it down to the fact that I live in a rather chavvy area, and I imagine they were blitzing certain postcodes, well thats what I told myself.......

Particularly ironic was that in the same bundle of junkmail was a letter offering me an Amex Gold card, not very tempting either with a huge annual fee.

Edited by Neil D Possitt

Guest Guy_Montag

I get all sorts of credit card offers & mew offers. I like the mew offers, I don't even own a house.

Guest Guy_Montag
It's tempting to get one, use it to the full, and pay if off in full every month just to annoy them.

I would have done that, but for the £19 annual fee which, I suppose, is there to stop that sort of thing.