House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Dclg October Figures

No-one else seems to have picked up on this latest report...

• In October UK house prices increased by 5.5 per cent over the year but were slightly lower over the month (-0.1 per cent, seasonally adjusted).

• The average mix-adjusted UK house price was £209,466 (not seasonally adjusted).

• Average house prices were 0.2 per cent lower over the quarter to October, compared to a quarterly increase of 0.5 per cent in July (seasonally adjusted).

• Average prices increased during the year in Wales (9.1 per cent) and in England (5.9 per cent) but were lower in Northern Ireland (-8.9 per cent) and in Scotland (-0.4 per cent).

• Prices paid by first time buyers were 3.4 per cent higher on average than a year earlier whilst prices paid by former owner occupiers increased by 6.3 per cent.

• Prices paid for new properties were 4.4 per cent higher on average than a year earlier whilst prices for pre-owned dwellings increased by 5.6 per cent.

No-one else seems to have picked up on this latest report...

• In October UK house prices increased by 5.5 per cent over the year but were slightly lower over the month (-0.1 per cent, seasonally adjusted).

• The average mix-adjusted UK house price was £209,466 (not seasonally adjusted).

• Average house prices were 0.2 per cent lower over the quarter to October, compared to a quarterly increase of 0.5 per cent in July (seasonally adjusted).

• Average prices increased during the year in Wales (9.1 per cent) and in England (5.9 per cent) but were lower in Northern Ireland (-8.9 per cent) and in Scotland (-0.4 per cent).

• Prices paid by first time buyers were 3.4 per cent higher on average than a year earlier whilst prices paid by former owner occupiers increased by 6.3 per cent.

• Prices paid for new properties were 4.4 per cent higher on average than a year earlier whilst prices for pre-owned dwellings increased by 5.6 per cent.

Is that your good self beating estate agents over the head with the club of reason on estateagenttoday? If so, I salute you sir. They're a horrible bunch of ***** aren't they?

Is that your good self beating estate agents over the head with the club of reason on estateagenttoday? If so, I salute you sir. They're a horrible bunch of ***** aren't they?

Aye, 'tis I.

The posters there are actually quite good at discussing the issues themselves. There have been some fascinating exchanges about bringing down vendors' expectations, affordability etc on the site in recent weeks. Unfortunately, when HPCers join any of the debates, the EAs become very defensive. A descent into mudslinging normally follows. I only step in, at what I hope is a polite level, when priced out FTBs are being described as binge drinking losers who can't save a deposit, or HPC comes in for an unwarranted attack.

I think an intelligent discussion / exchange between posters from both sites would be very worthwhile. Many of today's EAs have only operated in a market where prices rise. The idea that they can make money, more money, out of falling prices seems to get lost. The older, more experienced EAs do pop up from time to time and point this out. I do think EAs should stop fearing a fall in prices and embrace the extra sales opportunity it brings. It would also be good for many who post there (and apparently have a bit more time on their hands than usual right now) to visit this site and get an understanding of the mindset that frustrated, priced-out FTBs and others have toward what has happened with UK HPs.

Aye, 'tis I.

The posters there are actually quite good at discussing the issues themselves. There have been some fascinating exchanges about bringing down vendors' expectations, affordability etc on the site in recent weeks. Unfortunately, when HPCers join any of the debates, the EAs become very defensive. A descent into mudslinging normally follows. I only step in, at what I hope is a polite level, when priced out FTBs are being described as binge drinking losers who can't save a deposit, or HPC comes in for an unwarranted attack.

I think an intelligent discussion / exchange between posters from both sites would be very worthwhile. Many of today's EAs have only operated in a market where prices rise. The idea that they can make money, more money, out of falling prices seems to get lost. The older, more experienced EAs do pop up from time to time and point this out. I do think EAs should stop fearing a fall in prices and embrace the extra sales opportunity it brings. It would also be good for many who post there (and apparently have a bit more time on their hands than usual right now) to visit this site and get an understanding of the mindset that frustrated, priced-out FTBs and others have toward what has happened with UK HPs.

Good stuff. & Apologies, I just logged in and called someone bragging about their £167k salary a donut., although to be fair, i did point out that he shouldn't rely on that salary long term..

Edited by Reck B

Good stuff. & Apologies, I just logged in and called someone bragging about their £167k salary a donut., although to be fair, i did point out that he shouldn't rely on that salary long term..

£167k for an estate agent?

Not unless they own the company.

Have a look at what you can expect if you manage to get one of the few jobs going:

http://www.amrgroup....job_search.aspx

£20-30k basic salary, 60-80 OTE for a sales manager in Holland Park is one of about 5 jobs in Central London.