House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ill_handle_it

John Higgins Bride Scandal (News Of The World)

I'm not a big snooker fan and to be honest I'd only (stupidly) listened to the official version of events surrounding Higgin's fall from grace - his ban was for not "reporting an approach" with regards to match fixing - so from that you'd probably assume he wasn't interested in the deal. He was fined and received a six month ban. Quite how he has managed to come back from this scandal to great applause I'm not sure,I honestly can't believe it. Yesterday during his final with Mark Williams the BBC kindly made a little video with a few top players singing his praises - Now I'm not suggesting he shouldn't be given another chance but I feel it would more appropriate to report what happened more accurately - the You Tube Video reveals an ego driven by greed - rather sad really.

I'm not a big snooker fan and to be honest I'd only (stupidly) listened to the official version of events surrounding Higgin's fall from grace - his ban was for not "reporting an approach" with regards to match fixing - so from that you'd probably assume he wasn't interested in the deal. He was fined and received a six month ban. Quite how he has managed to come back from this scandal to great applause I'm not sure,I honestly can't believe it. Yesterday during his final with Mark Williams the BBC kindly made a little video with a few top players singing his praises - Now I'm not suggesting he shouldn't be given another chance but I feel it would more appropriate to report what happened more accurately - the You Tube Video reveals an ego driven by greed - rather sad really.

is it a thai bride scandal?

On topic, higgins was given a slap on the wrist but no more, for whatever reason it suited the new snooker management body to be lenient. Having watched the notw vid, i'd say his as guilty as sin.

Re. Yesterdays final, maybe mw should be done for match fixing, boy did he throw that away!

Ooops ! Yes should be bribe not bride *blush* Some more detail here

This part is pure gold ""In short, his account (which has remained consistent throughout) was as follows. Mr Higgins found himself in that meeting having only just beforehand been warned by Mr Mooney that there was a possibility (nothing more) that the subject of throwing frames might arise as part of the overall business discussions that were about to commence."

Mooney ended up taking the bullet for Higgins no doubt - Higgins is trying to have us believe he's the victim and credit where it's due he's done a good job. For me the best part of the video is where the News of the World stooge says something like "if you miss then the other guy misses straight after - you can't miss again can you ? " so Higgins very enthusiastically replies " oh yer you can" :lol:

Here's a link that has some sheople comments supporting good old John - bless him - HERE