House Price Crash Forum
Executive Sadman

Unemployed Should Work

Another removed from reality tory speaking heresy towards our glorious welfare state. Off with his head. No, wait, to the tower of London with him for torture , then get comade Ken Livingstone to behead him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338299/On-yer-bike-Tory-councillor-says-unemployed-Northerners-pick-fruit-claim-benefits.html

Disgraceful isnt it? British people, quite possibly the finest race of people on earth, should be expected to do work more befiting of those swarthy poles and czechs. Labour does us the great honour of shipping in our own slaves to do these things and what to the tories go and do, only suggest we should be picking that cotton with them, like common peasants.

His remarks were immediately seized on by Labour, who likened them to Norman Tebbit’s infamous advice to the unemployed in the 1980s to 'get on your bike'.

Tom Blenkinsop, Labour MP for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland, said the remark undermined David Cameron’s claim to be a 'one nation' leader by portraying Northerners as second-class citizens.

Another removed from reality tory speaking heresy towards our glorious welfare state. Off with his head. No, wait, to the tower of London with him for torture , then get comade Ken Livingstone to behead him.

http://www.dailymail...m-benefits.html

Disgraceful isnt it? British people, quite possibly the finest race of people on earth, should be expected to do work more befiting of those swarthy poles and czechs. Labour does us the great honour of shipping in our own slaves to do these things and what to the tories go and do, only suggest we should be picking that cotton with them, like common peasants.

His remarks were immediately seized on by Labour, who likened them to Norman Tebbit's infamous advice to the unemployed in the 1980s to 'get on your bike'.

Tom Blenkinsop, Labour MP for Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland, said the remark undermined David Cameron's claim to be a 'one nation' leader by portraying Northerners as second-class citizens.

I am a Northerner.

You have work down South?

We don't have much up ere like and they are making brethren redundant.

I like to pick my nose, I would be very happy to pick fruit. As long as they are not strawberries, I got charged a fortune last time.

Event to lefties like myself, the idea of people working in return for benefit seems reasonable, if those people are capable of work and there is work available for them to do. But they should only be expected to do the hours that would cover their benefit with the minimum wage.

In the current climate, when a lot of people are still losing their jobs in the private sector and a lot more will lose theirs in the public sector, the majority of unemployed people are desperate to find work anyway.

But there is a more sinister side to this, possibly. Who might fill a lot of the 'volunteer' vacancies created after local authorities sack paid staff? Could it be those people made to work for their benefits?

Edited by Hyperduck Quack Quack

How many times does this thread come up same question under a different heading.

Said it befor will say it agian if there is work needed to be done pay people to do it.

When will any mp or media hyper accept the fact and admit the fact there is not enought jobs for everyone to have a 40 hour week . Once we establish that and agree that we might be able to move forward and do somthing constructive about this situation instead of just digging out the unemployed.

People should be given a choice. They can opt in to the "system" and play by its rules or be given the means to sustain themselves and any dependants. This would involve allowing them to use land to feed and house themselves. I can't see it happening myself as the system needs dependency for its survival.

Labour does us the great honour of shipping in our own slaves to do these things and what to the tories go and do, only suggest we should be picking that cotton with them, like common peasants.

Slavery did a a lot of harm to the economy of the southern states because local labour simply could not compete with the low cost of slaves and so no real local economy was created beyond the slave/master paradigm.

I'm not sure how the cherry picking thing might work- it's seasonal and poorly paid- how does someone pay a rent/mortgage and raise a family in this situation? Does this cherry picking option really offer a viable long term future to a british native, given the high cost of housing and utilities ect?

So what do we mean by work? The traditional idea was that you worked a full time job and in return were paid enough to enable you to live with some dignity and some hope of decent life- or do we mean that anyone should be made to do anything at all whatever the outcome for themselves- including living in a shared dormitory with other workers with no possibility of ever having even basic privacy or any chance whatsoever of a future?

You refer ironically to cotton picking slaves- but if someone is earning a bare subsidence wage for full time employment, cannot even afford to house themselves or their family, then they might as well be a slave for all the difference it makes.

How much money does this tory council leader earn a year I wonder? Maybe if people like him took a little less, there would be more to go around and people could be paid a decent wage for their labour, instead of finding it more viable to live on benefits.

Edited by wonderpup

How many times does this thread come up same question under a different heading.

Said it befor will say it agian if there is work needed to be done pay people to do it.

When will any mp or media hyper accept the fact and admit the fact there is not enought jobs for everyone to have a 40 hour week . Once we establish that and agree that we might be able to move forward and do somthing constructive about this situation instead of just digging out the unemployed.

You just cant grasp the actual problem can you. Not enough work? The problem is too many people. Until steps are taken to help with that problem, there will never be a final solution lol.

Lefties like your good self have caused this problem. It would have been quite simple to stop immigration, not reward teenage pregnancies with free houses and so on. But since we had a lovely communist regime we did the complete opposite, so dont go crying when something serious has to happen.

Too many people not working, not enough working to pay for those not working. Its not going to end well.

Not Working for benefits is the same as having a public sector job, I thought we needed less of those

FYP :) ... We haven't had a decent public sector moan in a while. ;)

None of the elites can admit that fact.. because then serious societal reform would be the logical answer to solve it. Reform they don't want to make. I think even in their own minds they can't admit it.

The work needs doing, and they would be paid.

Here he is defending a £44,000 pay increase for a fellow public sector pig.

Council boss: £44,000 pay increase "the going rate"

A COUNCIL chief’s £44,000 pay rise was the "going rate for the job”, a leading councillor said today.

David Shakespeare, leader of Buckinghamshire County Council, said chief executive Chris Williams’s £198,865 pay packet was to "catch up" with other bosses.

The figure was revealed in a report by public spending pressure group the TaxPayers’ Alliance, which branded big payouts “morally indefensible” (see link, below).

Mr Williams and four other directors got a pay increase of 28.5 per cent between 2006/07 and 2007/08.

He himself gets paid £50,000.

He also sits on Wycombe District Council and has another job “two or three mornings a week” at the Local Government Association in London.

I think they should have them cleaning the litter along roadsides. Why isn't this being done? It's disgusting.

I think they should have them cleaning the litter along roadsides. Why isn't this being done? It's disgusting.

What, it's disgusting that the unemployed don't clear up litter from roadsides or that the employed throw it there? ;)

None of the elites can admit that fact.. because then serious societal reform would be the logical answer to solve it. Reform they don't want to make. I think even in their own minds they can't admit it.

That's correct.

The logical answer is economic reform which reduces or eliminates structural unemployment, however such reform would also reduce or eliminate various forms of welfare for the rich and so we 'can't do that'. What we have instead is bad structural unemployment and the rich forcing the not very rich (but employed) to fund welfare for it. What we need to do is tackle the welfare for the rich which causes unemployment and low standard of living, but unfortunately the great British public presently includes far too many cretins who just want to kick someone lower in the hierarchy for this to happen. Perhaps having the rug pulled from under them personally will change their attitude..lets hope so.

Edited by Stars

You just cant grasp the actual problem can you. Not enough work? The problem is too many people. Until steps are taken to help with that problem, there will never be a final solution lol.

Lefties like your good self have caused this problem. It would have been quite simple to stop immigration, not reward teenage pregnancies with free houses and so on. But since we had a lovely communist regime we did the complete opposite, so dont go crying when something serious has to happen.

Too many people not working, not enough working to pay for those not working. Its not going to end well.

There are good reasons for limiting immigration, this is not one (at least not directly).

Not enough work / too many people are the same thing. Broadly speaking the amount of work available is proportional to the number of people (otherwise the unemployment / employment ratio would be a function of the size of the country, which is obviously nonsense). So immigration, in an admittedly simple model, is unemployment ratio neutral. I suppose that's a good enough reason to curtail it, because I can't think of any benefits whatsoever of increasing the population, but you could use the same argument to stop people from having babies, which isn't acceptable (don't want to go down the China path).

Edited to add "this is not one" in my first sentence (sure I had typed it in first time round).

Edited by Riedquat

Quite. (with your sarcasm taken into consideration)

Not to mention the obvious fact that in reality PEOPLE CAUSE EMPLOYMENT

Edited by Stars

Outsourcing is as much a problem as immigration. Production of Curly Wurly chocolate bars has moved from Bristol to Poland, British passports will soon be printed in Malta, IT is heading for India, the reality is that very few people have a job which could not be done elsewhere in the world by somebody earning far less money.

Quite. (with your sarcasm taken into consideration)

Yes if only they would simply dig a hole it, get in and wait to die. Things would be so much simpler.

At least according to the Aspies, tippy tapping away at their computer keyboards.

Only up to a point.

You can't have infinite growth in a finite world. Sooner or later the point will be reached were for one person to gain, at least one other must lose out. Our phantom wealth/economy will be brutally exposed to this once the fog clears.

I bet you have trouble grasping the days of the week

The problem is too many people ? people create demand if we had less people we would still not have enough jobs as less people = less demand and if we had more people we would have more demand but still not enough work for everyone to have a full time job.

Im not a leftie and I caused no problem and by the way if you think the last govenment was communist I suggest you look the word up and understand what that means.

Why does free housing for teenage pregnancies reduce jobs ?

Do not actually agree with single teengae mums jumping to the top of the housing queue , however the plus point on the non working single teenage mum is that they leave a job free for someone else , which goes back to the main point again NOT ENOUGH WORK for everyone.

Now try and understand that concept I know it is a difficult one for you as it involves lots of numbers ect , and using your nonse but do try.

have you noticed that this place is broke, running in red numbers and the banks will go tits up soon ????

where do you think the money for the welfare come from ????

have you noticed that this place is broke, running in red numbers and the banks will go tits up soon ????

where do you think the money for the welfare come from ????

Yes correct the place is broke , I have never dissagreed with that statment .

What I said was there is not enough work for everyone to have a 40 hour a week job .

Why have you mentioned welfare ?

Yes correct the place is broke , I have never dissagreed with that statment .

What I said was there is not enough work for everyone to have a 40 hour a week job .

Why have you mentioned welfare ?

30 hours would be far more civilised.