House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AskFrank

Cashpoints Out Of Order In South East

found 3 out of 4 cashpoints in Manc city centre were out of order on Sunday

also in a wetherspoons pub only one of their debit/credit card machines was working, the other had an unspecified network error apparently

on the first point, i am wondering, are banks putting less cash in their machines?

or are people stopping using credit cards and instead budgetting using cash?

Having problems with verified by visa with online shopping. It's not working.

Same here. A relative has been trying to pay monthly cc bill online all day today (asdafinance), which has a gateway error when directing to santandercards.co.uk. Also can't connect through Debenhams to pay something. She said it all seems to be with Mastercard, which I assume means these store cards or accounts have some connection with Mastercard in common. :ph34r:

Same here. A relative has been trying to pay monthly cc bill online all day today (asdafinance), which has a gateway error when directing to santandercards.co.uk. Also can't connect through Debenhams to pay something. She said it all seems to be with Mastercard, which I assume means these store cards or accounts have some connection with Mastercard in common. :ph34r:

I've had problems with MasterCard and visa. It's not loading the secure verication page where you put your password in.

Although it just worked 5 mins ago.

Anyone else experiencing problems in their region?

Lots of angry people round here.

Noticed a downed machine walking to the station this morning... didn't think much of it at the time :ph34r:

Most of the cash machines in Marylebone high street never seem to be working on Sunday. Maybe it's their day off. :huh:

found 3 out of 4 cashpoints in Manc city centre were out of order on Sunday

also in a wetherspoons pub only one of their debit/credit card machines was working, the other had an unspecified network error apparently

on the first point, i am wondering, are banks putting less cash in their machines?

or are people stopping using credit cards and instead budgetting using cash?

There was a bit on the news about this last week - they were talking about phasing out cheques etc. Card spending is up overall, but credit card spending is down - it's considerably more debit card use now, as well as cash transactions, as people use it to budget with.

If this is the case, then at this time of year, there'll be extra pressure on the machines at the weekends, and I could well imagine there'd be problems by the Sunday.

There was a big problem a couple of years ago with lots of machines not working on particular day - the TFH in me made the decision there and then, and now we always keep a bit of cash stashed away in the house - it's proven to be a sensible and convenient thing on several occasions.