House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistbear

China To Expereince Mini-Boom As They Gear Up With Royal Wedding Tat

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/China-Gears-Up-To-Cash-In-On-skynews-107771888.html?x=0

China Gears Up To Cash In On Royal Wedding
© Sky News 2010, 7:24, Monday 13 December 2010
Factories in China are gearing up for a boom in Royal Wedding souvenirs - including versions of Kate Middleton's engagement ring with plastic diamonds.

Made in China gets a place in the Royal Wedding.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/China-Gears-Up-To-Cash-In-On-skynews-107771888.html?x=0

Factories in China are gearing up for a boom in Royal Wedding souvenirs - including versions of Kate Middleton's engagement ring with plastic diamonds.

This sort of thing brings out the facist in me. They should all be shot.

This sort of thing brings out the facist in me. They should all be shot.

Thanks to corporate fascism is why we are in this situation.

Do you think they will include any souvenirs of the Royal 'Prodding-Sticks' used on Camilla & Charles last week as they were sat in the Rolls Royce down Regents Street? I can't wait to buy one.

A young man who has never (and will likely never) work for a living is getting married to his university girlfriend. Why does anybody care about this?

It's the idiots who put these two idle useless persons on a pedestall, that legitimize the title they claim to have (prince and princess) and that allow them to live a life of luxury on our backs.

For me they are just two normal human beings, just like everyone else.

---

Instead of sending those plastic mock engagement rings to England on a container ship they should just send them straight into landfill as that is where they would end up after a few days in England anyway.Might as well just save the bother eh what?.

A young man who has never (and will likely never) work for a living is getting married to his university girlfriend. Why does anybody care about this?

It's the idiots who put these two idle useless persons on a pedestall, that legitimize the title they claim to have (prince and princess) and that allow them to live a life of luxury on our backs.

---

A bit harsh on them personally. They can't help what family they're born into any more than you or I plus wasn't Kate Middleton's family from humble beginings? a self made family. I do broadly agree with your sentiments however. I think it's about time that the royal family started supporting itself like every other decent family in the land rather than leeching off the rest of us like long term, workshy benefit claimants.

Perhaps they could be sponsored, like footballers. They could have the Inland Revenue logo on the fronts of their jackets for example.

A bit harsh on them personally. They can't help what family they're born into any more than you or I plus wasn't Kate Middleton's family from humble beginings?

Harsh? I simply stated facts.

Every adult is free to make their own choices. They can chose to continue the "royal" pretense and live off the inherited "titles" and the wealth of their parents, or they can chose to to lead a dignified life by working for a living just like every one else.

--

just who is going to buy anything to do with this farce?

I saw them on sofas watching Crapfactor on Saturday.

They are now ready to be swiched to the royal wedding mode. So, the media are now switching them.

It's the only long-term way to control the masses (through addicitive and meaningless entertainment). Otherwise they become more reflective and start asking dangerous questions about things.

just who is going to buy anything to do with this farce?

I think you can discern the appeal. Memorabilia and collectibles of all kinds appeal to people. So does kitsch. So does tradition.

I confess to buying silly old books like, 'Sixty Years A Queen' (about Victoria) for their insanity value. I find the sheer nonsense of the Royals quite amusing, just as the 'Empress of India' stuff was then.

The sad part is surely that the 'tat' is Made In China. (Maybe even any Spode or Wedgewood these days.) A hand-painted Toby Jug of Camilla from a Stoke pottery would be quite a fun thing to keep your garlic in, wouldn't it?

Such events can (and have) produced some nice objets d'art. And I would be happy if it kept some traditional British craft industries in business.

Harsh? I simply stated facts.

Every adult is free to make their own choices. They can chose to continue the "royal" pretense and live off the inherited "titles" and the wealth of their parents, or they can chose to to lead a dignified life by working for a living just like every one else.

--

How much money does Charlie's food brand , Duchy Originals make per year?

Probably not enough to live on once you add in all the hangers on i imagine.

Still , i'd rather see the BBC have it's umbellical cord to taxpayer funds cut before the royal families is.

Still , i'd rather see the BBC have it's umbellical cord to taxpayer funds cut before the royal families is.

Think duchy originals were saved from bankruptcy by waitrose this year.

The thing with the royals is, either you play by all the rules and reap the benefits, or none. Charles, the great stickler for tradition, wants to keep the benefits of the system but wants it changed so that his new wife can also reap the benefits too.

It's like being catholic - you can't pick and chose the bits you fancy. If you want hereditary rule, the put up with the tricky stuff about divorces too.

Setting up company with money immorally gained through his "royal" status is not what I would define as "working for a living".

Setting up company with money immorally gained through his "royal" status is not what I would define as "working for a living".

Surely the Royals, in a business sense, have missed a trick, haven't they?

If all the coats of arms and heraldic symbols - why not the Union Jack too - were patented and registered as logos, then the tat and souvenir firms would have to pay a license to use them. That could save the taxpayer a few bob.

BTW - I seem to remember the Duchy Foods made a thumping loss and had to be rescued by Waitrose.

Instead of sending those plastic mock engagement rings to England on a container ship they should just send them straight into landfill as that is where they would end up after a few days in England anyway.Might as well just save the bother eh what?.

+1

At least the guy on Sky news was equally as skeptical.

---

That is how I look at it......I wish them both well like I would wish anyone getting married well...I am as interested in their marriage as much as I am interested in a neighbour down the road who I don't knows wedding....can't get excited about it I am afraid. ;)

Yeah, I get that feeling about footballers, myself.

Still, whatever floats your boat i guess. Somewhere out there are retired colonels and middle aged hausfraus who care, I guess.

Yeah, I get that feeling about footballers, myself.

Oooh soooh cynical.

We are talking Princes and Princesses here, role models, paragons of virtue, symbols of national pride and unity.

That Kate Middleton would never even speak to Wayne Rooney, not even if he came round the tradesman's entrance with a brace of pheasants.

Oooh soooh cynical.

We are talking Princes and Princesses here, role models, paragons of virtue, symbols of national pride and unity.

That Kate Middleton would never even speak to Wayne Rooney, not even if he came round the tradesman's entrance with a brace of pheasants.

Or came to the front door to ask if he could have his ball back.