• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see you back Mark.

Lovely simple vid on that one too 

89 Acid remix hits the spot 

James Jack Rabbit Martin featuring Pam White - Let Us Have Love (Step By Step) (Step By Acid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC3U3ZZu1_I

Those Guys - Love Love Love  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamT4XESYG0

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship
DJ Nipper Bootleg EP

Very rare and selling for as dear as £250 this track is A2 Some Drop uses.. Mariah Carey - Someday (Pianoapercaloopapella) with Unknown Break released 1991 white label dj001.

Sandee~Love Desire [David Morales & Satoshi Tomiie's'House of Def Mix']

• 2 weeks later...

Now I finally have a car into which  I can put an SD card into, I wanted to download music that I've always wanted to listen to whilst driving. Hence working my way through this list of music. Unfortunately, many of the Legacy links from 2010 onwards no longer work due to copyright infringement. Pah!

16 minutes ago, hp72 said:

Now I finally have a car into which  I can put an SD card into, I wanted to download music that I've always wanted to listen to whilst driving. Hence working my way through this list of music. Unfortunately, many of the Legacy links from 2010 onwards no longer work due to copyright infringement. Pah!

Some of us put the artist & song title in the post, so it could be re-googled if it got lost 

First house record ? 1984 ? 

Serious Intention, You Don't Know (Limited Edition Special Remix) - 1984 

[1989] Precious ‎- Definition Of A Track (From "Back To Basics") [1/6] lost for years..thank you  

Roy Of The Ravers - Emotinium 

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I've posted a list of my top 15 tracks on here but I can't find it anymore.  included such tracks as voodoo ray and Atlantic ocean waterfall which for me still give me rushes even though it's 20 years on..  will have to spend a couple of evenings going through old YouTube clips and finding the songs that really meant something to me

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't read all 57 pages of this thread but the obvious question is "what kind of dance?" A tune you can tango to isn't the kind you can cha-cha- to.

I am guessing it means techno-syntho-rocky well let me tell you there's nothing wrong with that kind of music (Oliver Hartmann fan here) but you definitely positively cannot call it remotely anything to do with "dance". One look at pissed-up teens swaying about in a vague connection with the beat can tell you that they are not dancing.

On 08/12/2017 at 3:45 AM, Fletcher said:

I used to listen to old (mostly dance) tracks on youtube.  Then I realised it was making me sad.  You see it in all the "somebody build me a time machine" comments. 

Although you can't move back sometimes it's nice to have a day trip

Coming back from holiday is always a downer

On 09/12/2017 at 12:05 AM, Funn3r said:

I haven't read all 57 pages of this thread but the obvious question is "what kind of dance?" A tune you can tango to isn't the kind you can cha-cha- to.

I am guessing it means techno-syntho-rocky well let me tell you there's nothing wrong with that kind of music (Oliver Hartmann fan here) but you definitely positively cannot call it remotely anything to do with "dance". One look at pissed-up teens swaying about in a vague connection with the beat can tell you that they are not dancing.

I think if when you see the words Dance Music your mind goes straight to "do they mean cha cha cha or tango?" this is *probably* not the thread for you. 

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Good to see you back Mark.

:) Thank you.

I never went away, but I've been on a bit of a mission this year to learn Italian. It's going quite well. Level C1, apparently. I have a tutor in Verona. As a result I've been listening to stacks of Italian stuff.

As is probably obvious from my all time favourite record, posted many times (!) I'm rather into those Latin melodies and Italo-house so it's natural for me to investigate and then want to know what the lyrics are.

This has meant that this is probably the first year where I've digressed away from dance music a little. I'm getting older, too ;) 

So in reviewing the year I don't have that many to pick out.

This one is rather mindless but rather funky. Haven't been to a club in a fair while but I think this would be decent in that environment.

Bingo Players - Beat the Drum

.. there's the delightful Ella Eyre on this Latino-inspired track filmed in Mexico.. (Sigala again, those same 90s piano chorus sounds)

Sigala & Ella Eyre - Came Here for Love

Edited by DTMark

This is, apparently, the most streamed track ever. From 2017. Spanish. 24M likes. .

Luis Fonsi - Despacito ("Slowly")

Have to admit I'm not a massive fan of that one. Based on the numbers, it appears I'm wrong :)

OK, this one is from a 23 year old young Italian who makes cheeky songs related to modern life and tech and this was quite a big hit.

Think "Cliff Richard and the Young Ones - Living Doll" - the older guy, Gianni Morandi, is a bit like the Italian equivalent - not so much for younger people :) 

The video is marvellous, I think one of the best I have seen, and the whole thing is hilarious. If you know Italian. But even if you don't, give it a go.

He gets captured and forced into making a video with the young guy. "Mi fa volare" = it makes me fly.

If you've seen "Gomorrah" (series) you might recognise someone in the video.

Fabio Rovazzi featuring Gianni Morandi - Volare ("Fly")

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:45 AM, Fletcher said:

I used to listen to old (mostly dance) tracks on youtube.  Then I realised it was making me sad.  You see it in all the "somebody build me a time machine" comments. 

I know what you're getting at. Maybe. Those days are gone?

But, they live on.

From the comments:

Me too mate....cruising off our heads in my mates Honda with a 40 grand stereo set-up with this song on....unforgettable...