Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

The Perfect Dance Track


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you been on an early 80s disco trip lately ;)

I'll admit that Italo-house is probably my #1 genre. You've heard the House Traffic track (90s) blasted at high volumes :) Take it forward a decade or so (from the early 1980s), and pump up the bass..  though not one of their big hits, I've always loved this one.

 

Edited by DTMark
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great 80s rare synth pop compilation 

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Computered-Love/master/1010598

 

Brain - D.I.X.O. (1982)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLJ7LH6w-10

Carol Rich - Computered Love = Italo-Disco on 7"

 

Krackers - Machines

Transvolta Disco Computer  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s89CriOU-D0

 

roboterwerke - high on tech 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6DbYXI091I

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have been putting the record collection into Discogs so as to catalogue the lot and see if any are worth a fortune. Plus it's handy to have when I'm at my PC and want a list of stuff to pick something to listen to.

Sadly, the only ones worth fair money are a Bowie LP, Oasis 12" singles, and that Daft Punk picture disc.

dtmark-vinyl.xls

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-8 at 9:48 AM, DTMark said:

Have been putting the record collection into Discogs so as to catalogue the lot and see if any are worth a fortune. Plus it's handy to have when I'm at my PC and want a list of stuff to pick something to listen to.

Sadly, the only ones worth fair money are a Bowie LP, Oasis 12" singles, and that Daft Punk picture disc.

dtmark-vinyl.xls

Well done ! 

Got any tips, as I should do the same ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:53 PM, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Well done ! 

Got any tips, as I should do the same ? 

Sign up at Discogs, then search for each thing - catalogue number is easiest if it's on the sleeve, if it's on the vinyl label it's often easier to just type in artist - title and add LP or 12 at the end depending on what it is. Once you find the thing, click on it, then "Add to Collection". It's a lot faster than it sounds.

I've finally managed to track down that Eddy Grant dance cover that they used to play at a hotel in Spain when I was about 16.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-21 at 1:52 PM, DTMark said:

Sign up at Discogs, then search for each thing - catalogue number is easiest if it's on the sleeve, if it's on the vinyl label it's often easier to just type in artist - title and add LP or 12 at the end depending on what it is. Once you find the thing, click on it, then "Add to Collection". It's a lot faster than it sounds.

I've finally managed to track down that Eddy Grant dance cover that they used to play at a hotel in Spain when I was about 16.

 

Thanks Mark, 

I wondered if you are familiar with the pressing info on the inside edge of the lp, which I believe can increase the value of the record .  I will look furher into this 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Thanks Mark, 

I wondered if you are familiar with the pressing info on the inside edge of the lp, which I believe can increase the value of the record .  I will look furher into this 

As an example, represses of some albums tend to be worthless, it's the original pressing that's worth the money.

Such as that Bowie LP - the pressing I have is the very first orange label copy and it's the "one to have".

And some of the Oasis 12" singles - one of those was re-released last year on 12" single, that version is worthless but the original editions can fetch £30.

What you find doing this is that some labels have the "catalogue number" on the back of the sleeve making it easy to find, and others only quote it on the vinyl label itself, so you have to pull the thing out of the sleeve and if the inner doesn't have a circular cut-out then you have to pull the vinyl out too in order to get to it.

If the thing was bought from HMV and still has the price sticker on it, the number at the bottom left of that sticker is recognised by Discogs.

It is essential to get the right version of it when "adding to collection", the biggest clue is the year of release which is prominent on the web page when you locate it.

Usually there's only one release of a thing anyway (for the UK market) but sometimes it's necessary to click "All versions" and then scroll down to find the UK version that corresponds with the thing in front of you when the "number" is seemingly nowhere to be found.

White-label copies are a good example of this, when there is no catalogue number, for example Picotto/Camisra "Let Me Show You My Lizard" or whatever it is - there isn't even agreement on a title and it has no release number, but they're quite rare in my collection, I have perhaps half a dozen of those.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-6-25 at 10:59 AM, DTMark said:

As an example, represses of some albums tend to be worthless, it's the original pressing that's worth the money.

Such as that Bowie LP - the pressing I have is the very first orange label copy and it's the "one to have".

And some of the Oasis 12" singles - one of those was re-released last year on 12" single, that version is worthless but the original editions can fetch £30.

What you find doing this is that some labels have the "catalogue number" on the back of the sleeve making it easy to find, and others only quote it on the vinyl label itself, so you have to pull the thing out of the sleeve and if the inner doesn't have a circular cut-out then you have to pull the vinyl out too in order to get to it.

If the thing was bought from HMV and still has the price sticker on it, the number at the bottom left of that sticker is recognised by Discogs.

It is essential to get the right version of it when "adding to collection", the biggest clue is the year of release which is prominent on the web page when you locate it.

Usually there's only one release of a thing anyway (for the UK market) but sometimes it's necessary to click "All versions" and then scroll down to find the UK version that corresponds with the thing in front of you when the "number" is seemingly nowhere to be found.

White-label copies are a good example of this, when there is no catalogue number, for example Picotto/Camisra "Let Me Show You My Lizard" or whatever it is - there isn't even agreement on a title and it has no release number, but they're quite rare in my collection, I have perhaps half a dozen of those.

Cheers again , THe hmv price label tip was a good one

 

Yello - Bostich  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeNIpWT-3vk 

  Blondie - Heart Of Glass (Disco 12" - Vocal / Instrumental Edit)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBwp9kec85s

 

 

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DTMark said:

Yello were insane ;)

As were these. Lovely dance mix of this one.

 

I love Sparks, got all their older lps . Barbecutie from 1974 was the b side to This Town Aint Big Enough. Bass now reminds me of the Stranglers ?!...who started the same year 

Stranglers -Years active 1974–present https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stranglers 

 

Joyful discovery.. 

 Mantronix vs EPMD - Strictly Business (Mantronix Remix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-QjwbKT8YQ

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Clearest Blue, Chvrches. This is the original, so given their genre, it's quite retro-electro, and by retro we mean shades of early Depeche Mode / Yazoo (basically Vince Clarke, and they wouldn't mind me saying that cos I believe they worship the dude). Dance remixes are available.

 

Edited by Sledgehead
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.