House Price Crash Forum
DTMark

The Perfect Dance Track

Following on from "the perfect pop record" thread a while back...

Here's my take - for info/context I'm 37 now (can't quite believe it) and haven't been clubbing in a while, but back in my heyday (LOL) Peach @ Camden Palace and Freedom @ Bagleys were the average weekend plus a fair dose of G-A-Y @ The Astoria.

So hard to pick the "best of all time" and condense it down to a really short list. So in categories, beginning with cheese and Euro:

--

Euro/Hi-NRG

House Traffic (vocals Yvonne Yaney)

Everyday of my Life

This is as far as I'm concerned, perfect. And unique. There is nothing that sounds like it. If you know different, I want to know... :)

Must admit I thought this was so, so rare and nobody had every heard it over here.

Until I came across this:

Meanwhile, if you want something that lifts you any time and puts a grin on your face, it doesn't get much higher than this:

Ultrahigh

Stay with Me

or anything by the marvellous Urban Cookie Collective, here's the megamix:

.. and of course, this one, a real classic (is that really Aretha Franklin or does it just sound like her? Never did know)

Starlight

Numero Uno

.. and this one, going bonkers in Tenerife at the time... on the floor at one of the clubs on the front (Bobby's?) at Playa de las Americas:

DJ Quicksilver

Bellissima

And going about as high as you can go (so wish I'd seen them live):

The Time Frequency

The Ultimate High

--

Getting deeper, this one really sticks with me:

Snakebite

And the Bit Goes on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI-gCBCiWzQ

.. and this one has to be one of the best tunes ever...

Disco Citizens

Right Here Right Now

--

Trance

So, so many to choose from - Gouryella, Binary Finary and so on, but I've picked this one out - a real "Peach" tune:

The Quest

C-Sharp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alKSqWAGiic

Easily as well crafted as any piece of classical music, just perfection. And this one - from back in the day when I used to spunk £50 a week on vinyl at HMV Oxford Circus, the in-house DJ was excellent and played it, so I bought it:

Allure

No More Tears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgUP8IY434s

.. and one which takes me back to that night @ The Monastery in Torquay:

Pulp Victim

The World 99

Moonman remix

.. and I can't leave off the tune of "that" summer

ATB

9pm til I come

Signum Remix

--

.. and to finish on some ambient:

BT

Embracing the Sunshine

Just a marvellously crafted piece of musical orgasm. Listen in the dark on the sofa with the lights off..

.. and this one, here in the full version:

Banco de Gaia

Last Train to Lhasa

--

Special mentions

JX

Chakra

Motiv8

I'm sure there are plenty I've missed.

--

You?

There were one or two gems during the trance era that I rather liked...but for me, it was generally a "dark period" in music...How on earth did DJ Casper's "Cha Cha Slide" ever get released..

The very first Chicane album was bloody marvellous (less said about the latter stuff the better IMHO)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMEMyK2hCkQ

Thanks for posting these. Inspired me to track down this gem from chucking out time @ the Fridge in Brixton circa 1993/4. Always put a smile on my face and helped prepare me for my return to "reality" at 6 am on a Sunday morning

Sensation : Beautiful Morning (Fluke Magimix)

There were one or two gems during the trance era that I rather liked...but for me, it was generally a "dark period" in music...

What are you talking about man. That was when I was flying around in my Renault 5 GT Turbo (black with blacked out windows, 15" TSW Hockenheim wheels, uprated shocks, springs, bleed valve, customised bodykit and going clubbing twice a weekend :) LOL.

Offshore was marvellous. Why they decided to put it out again with vocals over the top is a mystery to me.

Thanks for posting these.....

Sensation : Beautiful Morning (Fluke Magimix)

That is one absolutely marvellous track I've never heard before (clicks "Download This Video" link)

Thanks in return.

What are you talking about man. That was when I was flying around in my Renault 5 GT Turbo (black with blacked out windows, 15" TSW Hockenheim wheels, uprated shocks, springs, bleed valve, customised bodykit and going clubbing twice a weekend :) LOL.

Offshore was marvellous. Why they decided to put it out again with vocals over the top is a mystery to me.

Never was a fan of clubbing (I hated them with a passion come to think of it)...that's possibly a downfall in this....although I was a DJ on a "naughty" radio station...

Good thread. I used to go clubbing around 2000 at Gatecrasher, Sundissential, Passion.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UIBDHQbFNE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=briVKxMcU0c&feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=plut8NxcPuY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bXAogs-OZA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Vlw3yDH-8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZSnoaLWCVU

Was really into US house too:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmjaja5DeF8

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJZ840jdB_Q

Edited by Kyoto

I will do one for each year , 1989-1994 (The best years) and one from 1987 to exhibit the earliest electronic song that i have enjoyed.

1989 (House/Techno)

1990 (Hardcore)

Hardcore)

(Hardcore)

Yolk - Music 4 da people

(Hardcore)

(Acid)

I got a couple thousand mostly hardcore mp3s from 1990-1996 along with a couple hundred house from 1988-1993 and a hundred or so trance/acid tunes from 1993 onwards (again best periods were the 90s , it's all formulaic crap now) so if you want me to post up some of my favourite trance acid tunes from the mid/late 90s give me a yell.

Edited by Ruffneck

Following on from "the perfect pop record" thread a while back...

Here's my take - for info/context I'm 37 now (can't quite believe it) and haven't been clubbing in a while, but back in my heyday (LOL) Peach @ Camden Palace and Freedom @ Bagleys were the average weekend plus a fair dose of G-A-Y @ The Astoria.

So hard to pick the "best of all time" and condense it down to a really short list. So in categories, beginning with cheese and Euro:

--

Euro/Hi-NRG

House Traffic (vocals Yvonne Yaney)

Everyday of my Life

This is as far as I'm concerned, perfect. And unique. There is nothing that sounds like it. If you know different, I want to know... :)

Must admit I thought this was so, so rare and nobody had every heard it over here.

Until I came across this:

Meanwhile, if you want something that lifts you any time and puts a grin on your face, it doesn't get much higher than this:

Ultrahigh

Stay with Me

or anything by the marvellous Urban Cookie Collective, here's the megamix:

.. and of course, this one, a real classic (is that really Aretha Franklin or does it just sound like her? Never did know)

Starlight

Numero Uno

.. and this one, going bonkers in Tenerife at the time... on the floor at one of the clubs on the front (Bobby's?) at Playa de las Americas:

DJ Quicksilver

Bellissima

And going about as high as you can go (so wish I'd seen them live):

The Time Frequency

The Ultimate High

Bloody hell we must've rubbed shoulders on the clubbing scene at that time. Here's one of my little known classics from the time that I still listen to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeeJQILkg9A

I'll dig out the rest of the collection

thanks for posting this ...this stuff passed my by as I never got out of a zepplin rut ............. apart from the obvious ones I guess ..........

I quite like remixes of Ofra haza though ...theres masses of them

I

heres a mix of zepplins kashmir ...her voice is ethereal .........All this stuffs been done after her death in 2000

kashmir

Good one!

Didn't have you down as a dance man IRRO :)

I quite like most music although I do seem to prefer dance music.

Used to go to Rise / Gatecrasher a bit in the late 90's although Gatecrasher killed off Rise eventually which was a shame as I preferred the setup at the Leadmill to the Republic, the Leadmill was grubby and looked like a warehouse used to love it when they dropped the lights so it was nearly pitch black. The Republic by contrast seemed engineered and lacked the atmosphere which the Leadmill appeared to be able to generate.

I'll have a look for some more classic tracks that I've got.