House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nickolarge

Santander Losing Staff To Other Banks

I just finished reading an article in today's Observer saying that Santander are have to raise basic salaries to try and stem the flood of staff who are leaving. There's a load of nonsense about not being able to offer bonus packages any more due to new rules but my take on it is that they are losing the staff because those in the know think that the bank is heading for trouble. The sort of trouble that would prevent bonus payments even if they were allowed.

probably more to do with working conditions.my experience of the collapse so far si that even the well paid city guys ddin't see this coming,so unlikely that front line staff would be worrying about the leverage they were carrying on/off their balance sheet.

The article was about their top guys, not the front line people.

I had an account with Santander. Never paid the interest they promised, but it was small potatoes so can't be arsed chasing it.

Everything very confused, especially on the A&L switchover, and the last time I went into a branch the counters didn't have keypads so I ended up having to lodge folding cash. They expect you to do everything on t'intertubes, but their online system is hopeless.

Account now closed and well forgotten. Am about to shift out of Natwest as well. Useless. All ******ing useless!

I had an account with Santander. Never paid the interest they promised, but it was small potatoes so can't be arsed chasing it.

Everything very confused, especially on the A&L switchover, and the last time I went into a branch the counters didn't have keypads so I ended up having to lodge folding cash. They expect you to do everything on t'intertubes, but their online system is hopeless.

Account now closed and well forgotten. Am about to shift out of Natwest as well. Useless. All ******ing useless!

Under the surface Santander are basically the old Abbey bank and they were one of the worst for petty rules and restrictions. Never banked with them but friends had some nightmare dealings with their branch staff.