House Price Crash Forum

Coast Guard To Be Sold To Private Operation

dubsie

HOLA441

This government is taking this country back 100s of years. The selling off of the coast guard being the most scary so far. As part of these plans coast guard centres will closed across the Uk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8197528/Cuts-to-coastguard-will-cost-lives.html

Britain is an island surrounded by some of the dangerous water in the world.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

It pains me slightly that before the election, the general concensus on this forum was that Labour were total evil bastards and that as long as the cons got power we stood a chance of somehow returning to a fairer better country. Now I never shared these views but am happy to read other peoples ideas on what could or couldn't improve the UK. It's kind of discrediting that since the cons got in power and have started now doing their thing ( the way they were always going to address this). That the forum seems to have swung against this government as if its somehow shocking.

Yes. I am appalled by the idea of these closures. The privatisation, The lack of future planning. The idea that this could ever be positive in the long run. But, This is how they roll. And i'm sure the polls suggested that 90% of this forum were 100% behind this government.

No suprise here. Sorry.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Meh, we don't really need them.

We have an air force, satellite surveillance, and the RNLI.

Maritime intervention in UK waters is a thing of the past.

there is an agreement between the mod and the dept of transport to provide a rescue service via the air force and the navy. The torys plan to scrap this and pass it to a private contractor.

This contractor being a French / American consortium which the French have rejected for their own search and rescue.

HOLA4412

dont forget the British passports will no longer be printed in the UK, now the coast guard what a mess, you know its going to cost us more to run it.

it will end up costing millions more and when people start complaining about long delays for rescues the consortium will be asking the tax payer for extra investment.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Errr does this not mean that the RAF and the Navy won't have the skills needed to perform search and rescue in combat situations?

Or (as I'm begining to suspect) that won't matter as pretty soon the UK won't need either an airforce or a navy as our assigned role in the new EU armed forces is for poorly equipped grunt/cannon fodder?

What say you? The Kruats get the air defence duties and the Frogs the Naval?

HOLA4415

Before we bring you onboard please enter your pin into this lifebelt.

You know that the BBC are going to sell its world wide comercial arm, when its starting to make profits last year it made over a billion £ in profit. i just can't understand the mentality of the British government, bet you BBC directors and the mps will make a personal profit from this. You sell it off dont expect and tax payers money in the future.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Excellent news we all know the private sector provides better services can we expect more lives to be saved as they strife to make a profit?

:)

I'm sure that rescuing people near rocks, more than half a mile out to sea or in bad weather will be unprofitable and beyond the remit of the new Coastwatch plc. It's much better that this is handled by local Community Service volunteers.

I imagine the new plc will only take over lighthouses and invest in 25 watt energy-saving light bulbs.

The Tories are selling off everything aren't they? Are these Eton and Harrow boys or barrow boys? I'm seriously thinking about a new TV series called Etonenders. (Oi, Git 'orf me 'arrow!)

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I'm sure that rescuing people near rocks, more than half a mile out to sea or in bad weather will be unprofitable and beyond the remit of the new Coastwatch plc. It's much better that this is handled by local Community Service volunteers.

I imagine the new plc will only take over lighthouses and invest in 25 watt energy-saving light bulbs.

The Tories are selling off everything aren't they? Are these Eton and Harrow boys or barrow boys? I'm seriously thinking about a new TV series called Etonenders. (Oi, Git 'orf me 'arrow!)

When the degenerate, gambling addicted lord of the manor ( or more ) shuffles off this mortal coil leaving his heirs saddled with gamblind debt and a huge set of unpaid bills, yes, they usually end up flogging the family silver, and often quite a lot of the estate. Sometimes they get away with renting it out, but usually it has to be sold.

Not a new story.

"PS There's no money left..."

HOLA4420

More work for the RNLI then. Expect to have to jump into life boats rather than getting winched to safety

HOLA4421

This government is taking this country back 100s of years. The selling off of the coast guard being the most scary so far. As part of these plans coast guard centres will closed across the Uk

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8197528/Cuts-to-coastguard-will-cost-lives.html

Britain is an island surrounded by some of the dangerous water in the world.

To be turned into a drug trafficking racket no doubt. When they sold off the prisons to private rackets all sorts of corruption followed.

Anyone know anything about the reduction in Scameras the Koalishon promised? Revenue enhancement racket if ever there was one

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

New year, same old party. Short memories from the voters. The Tories did exactly the same last time around. Sold off loads of public sector stuff.

The yellow helicopters are being sold to Ryanairre apparently.

They will get £500 cash from you before they pluck you from the sea. Luggage will cost extra.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

The yellow helicopters are being sold to Ryanair apparently.

They will get £500 cash from you before they pluck you from the sea. Luggage will cost extra.

Can't wait for the Ryanair shipping forecast for Lundy (Stanstead), Rockall, (Glasgow Prestwick), Fastnet (Luton) etc.