House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pole

Koran-Protest Pastor Terry Jones May Be Banned From Uk

Are we still living in a free country???

This reminds me of the USSR when they were only inviting people whom they considered beneficial to their society...

I may disagree with his form of protest but what's the point of having freedom of speech if we ban all those with whom we disagree??

Anyway, so many people slag off the Bible and no one gets banned... :blink:

Koran-protest pastor Terry Jones may be banned from UK (BBC)

Terry Jones speak for about three american hicks and if the EDL have invited him it shows they are scraping the barrel. However, there's no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to speak in the UK. If it was someone coming to slag off Christianity it'd be no different.

Again, it's another bit of no-news turning into something significant because if you exercise your free speech against the Islamic religion it could mean things get blown up. And we can't have that.

Terry Jones speak for about three american hicks and if the EDL have invited him it shows they are scraping the barrel. However, there's no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to speak in the UK. If it was someone coming to slag off Christianity it'd be no different.

Again, it's another bit of no-news turning into something significant because if you exercise your free speech against the Islamic religion it could mean things get blown up. And we can't have that.

An attack on free speech isn't "no-news" - unless of course you've seen it so often that you've become calloused to it.

I meant it's 'no-news' that some guy is coming to the UK to speak at a meeting. It's not remotely news. It's only news because the media have made it news. Terry Jones isn't news unless Monty Python are reforming.

I agree with you that the media play instrumental role in all this, and people are being brainwashed by them.

And we all know that they're testing the waters on this one.

If they can ban him, and the public is OK with that, then they can ban whoever they want, whenever they want, from wherever they want.

I meant it's 'no-news' that some guy is coming to the UK to speak at a meeting. It's not remotely news. It's only news because the media government have made it news. Terry Jones isn't news unless Monty Python are reforming.

Corrected.

Same with Geert Wilders coming to the House of Lords of course.

Corrected.

sadly the main stream media and the goverment are one these days.

Corrected.

Kind-of, though Wilders has much more of a claim to be taken seriously, and speaking to their lordships is not exactly rabble-rousing.

This pastor should be a non-issue. It's the ****s who've invited him who are the problem: they seem to be looking for trouble. The home secretary should never have let herself get dragged into the story. But having done so, she should now distinguish herself from her totalitarian predecessor by letting the self-publicist in as a regular tourist, while quietly drawing his attention to our laws on inciting hatred or violence. If she can do that and get backing for it from some islamic community leader who believes in free speech, she'll earn real brownie-points.

Whether she will do any such thing remains to be seen.

Are we still living in a free country???

This reminds me of the USSR when they were only inviting people whom they considered beneficial to their society...

I may disagree with his form of protest but what's the point of having freedom of speech if we ban all those with whom we disagree??

Anyway, so many people slag off the Bible and no one gets banned... :blink:

Koran-protest pastor Terry Jones may be banned from UK (BBC)

There is no such thing as freedom of speech and absolutely none whatsover for foreigners. Go to the USA and say/do what he did and you will be arrested and deported by the US government.

Are you also going to demand complete rights for third world criminals to visit this country so they can commit criminal acts? Demand they are give free housing and hospital care to go with their freedom of speech?