House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pezerinno

Renting A Bedsit

I'm seriously considering renting a bedsit and thought some HPCers might be able to share their experience of doing so. It would be one where there is a kitchenette but shared bathroom/toilets. I fear I might stumble to the loo in the night and stab my foot with a heroin needle - are they like this?

I'm seriously considering renting a bedsit and thought some HPCers might be able to share their experience of doing so. It would be one where there is a kitchenette but shared bathroom/toilets. I fear I might stumble to the loo in the night and stab my foot with a heroin needle - are they like this?

A house share or studio is better. Bedsits are too lonely and you can't always tell whose needle it is.

I don't really want to house or flat share with people I don't know as they could well turn out to be knobs. I don't see how bedsits are lonelier than studios? A studio would be the preferred option but they're twice the price of a bedsit where I live.

Thanks Pedro will look into spareroom. One reason I ideally wanted my own kitchen space is because I do a lot of cooking and thought I might get in the way in a house share.

I enjoy cooking, and I haven't found house sharing a problem. If your housemates enjoy cooking you'll understand each other. If they don't, you'll have the facilities more-or-less to yourself. Biggest risk is someone who consistently leaves piles of dirty dishes in your way.

But I'd still not want to share with a burger or fish&chips junkie!

The best form of share is one where you've met your housemates and established that your lifestyles and tastes are broadly compatible.

[edit to add] it's quite a while since I've shared - it's not something I'd choose, since my income reached the point of affording a self-contained flat.

Edited by porca misèria

how about Patsie Bedsit...quite liked her in Lethal Weapon, but Id probably use one on her if I had to share these days.