House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mikhail Liebenstein

House Price Expectations

Guys don't flame me for this, as I know talk of rising house prices can be heresy on this board. Just a personal observation on the Zoopla figures, which I know are only estimates based on recent transactions of other properties.

Having STRed in 2007, and bought at the bottom of 2009 for £750k, Zoopla is now calling my house at £983k.  Meanwhile one neighbour has now gone over the £1m.

Given the state of the economy I do find this bizarre, but I am wondering if all the printy printy is forcing up prices in areas commutable to to London.

My gut feeling is real prices are still falling, but the printy printy has accelerated all prices in the economy except perhaps wages, which still lag in their catch up. Meanwhile the Sheeple are out borrowing stupidly large sums again in the belief all is well for the future.

It seem credit availability is more important than earnings once again.

It really is crazy.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

You have to take zoopla estimates with a bucket if salt! I've seen houses that appear to be ridiculously over valued as well as some that seem to be quite undervalued (or about right as I like to call it!)

Check the land registry index for your post code and see if that warrants so a huge increase in your homes valuation.

It's because the SE housing market is lead by novelty. Instead of the protracted downturn taking years to pan out many of us expect, the media-lead southeasy believe the recession was that blip between '08 and '09.

Having said that a family member who works in the city says it's been like a bloody beano since the summer and business is booming.

Also check out the Property Snake website. In this area, London N10, there's very little on the market, but there are enough regular reductions in price to suggest that prices are under pressure and few sales are going through.

Guys don't flame me for this, as I know talk of rising house prices can be heresy on this board. Just a personal observation on the Zoopla figures, which I know are only estimates based on recent transactions of other properties.

Having STRed in 2007, and bought at the bottom of 2009 for £750k, Zoopla is now calling my house at £983k.  Meanwhile one neighbour has now gone over the £1m.

Given the state of the economy I do find this bizarre, but I am wondering if all the printy printy is forcing up prices in areas commutable to to London.

My gut feeling is real prices are still falling, but the printy printy has accelerated all prices in the economy except perhaps wages, which still lag in their catch up. Meanwhile the Sheeple are out borrowing stupidly large sums again in the belief all is well for the future.

It seem credit availability is more important than earnings once again.

It really is crazy.

These and other websites prices are automatically generated. They can be wildly out for many reasons. DO NOT RELY ON THEM. Only the real market will tell you for an individual property and like homes sold recently for identiboxes.