House Price Crash Forum

All Kicking Off In Manchester

HOLA441
HOLA442

I'm seriously tempted to join next Sats protests, if only to have a go at the banks and the Vampire Squid on the face of humanity! Bugger the banks, the government and their inflation of property and land prices. I for one have had enough. The police are worried about workers joining the students, etc., as they started to do at last week's protests in London. They've taken the eye of the ball with us small businessmen - I'm enraged and will be out with the SME bloc ;-)

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Disturbances in Manchester and police worried about 'out of the blue' protests in Liverpool too.

This is before next weekends mass protests again tax dodgers and banks next Saturday.

There were plenty planned for today as well but now they got such good coverage last week they could pop-up anywhere.

Sat 11th Dec 2010

â– Aberystwyth

â– Angel, Islington

â– Belfast

â– Bradford

â– Bury St Edmunds

â– Chester

â– Ealing Broadway

â– Leeds

â– London

â– Shrewsbury

â– Southampton

â– Telford

Mon 13th Dec 2010

â– Leicester

Wed 15th Dec 2010

â– Brighton

â– Dundee

Sat 18th Dec 2010

â– Barnstaple

â– Bournemouth

â– Brighton

â– Bristol

â– Cambridge

â– Cardiff

â– Colchester

â– Dundee

â– Glasgow

â– Kendal

â– London

â– Plymouth

â– Sheffield

â– Southampton

â– Swansea

â– Taunton

â– Truro

â– UK wide

â– Wrexham

â– www.topshop.co.uk

http://www.ukuncut.org.uk/actions

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Seems like it's students.

I thought about this during the week. It's a natural progression students joining forces with ukuncut.

There is little point in students just protesting about tuition fees because they are just a symptom not a cause of their problems. The real problem is that the financial sector is running government and bleeding the public dry.

HOLA4412

I thought about this during the week. It's a natural progression students joining forces with ukuncut.

There is little point in students just protesting about tuition fees because they are just a symptom not a cause of their problems. The real problem is that the financial sector is running government and bleeding the public dry.

Nail on the head. The cause of all our problems, unless of course we happen to work in 'The City' bubble. I wouldn't be surprised to see the protests broadening a great deal.

HOLA4413

I think the polis have kettled protestors nr a Vodafone store in central Manchester.

What I don't get is why these protesters bother going to Council, Tory party offices or the Houses of Parliament. Surely it would be better targeted if they smashed up Canary Wharf - the politicians are just the banker's puppets after all.

HOLA4414

Time for some protests in the City of London now?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

What I don't get is why these protesters bother going to Council, Tory party offices or the Houses of Parliament. Surely it would be better targeted if they smashed up Canary Wharf - the politicians are just the banker's puppets after all.

...they were under Gordo Clown.... :rolleyes:

HOLA4418

Just this 'uncut' notion scares me

1) There are no real cuts, only funds moved from education to old people and foreign aid (unavoidable given an ageing population)

2) We either raise taxes to cover spending (from about 40% of GDP to 55% of GDP), politically undoable.

3) Or print/borrow more money causing price inflation but most likely no wage inflation. So every one gets poorer to stop cuts.

Given the choices i wish theyd cut, cut and then cut some more.

Focus protests on getting rid of the tax on every human being that is the banking system, maybe id join them, but we should want less government, not more. Its already colossal as it is.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

This is probably the best opportunity we'll ever get to protest against Labour, Lib Dem and Tory pro-bank policies. I for one want change. Not just words. Labour people are fine ones to complain about the mess they created. They need confronting too.

...yeah...let's go for under the mattress banking ....and keep 'robbing Peter to pay Paul' within the family...no middle men...... :rolleyes:

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Time for some protests in the City of London now?

I am sure they will eventually work this out - whilst many students will have raw intelligence, it takes a lot of reading of current/financial affairs and a certain degree of experience and natural cynicism to work out that it is the bankers that are the source of the problem.

Once again I will repeat:

The reason students are having to pay for their education is because the bankers have driven up the prices of assets by making reckless loans, which they then packaged up and sold on as allegedly high quality assets. As the banks were then able to extract (i use that rather than make) more money for themselves by making more loans and then booking the profit by selling the loans on quickly, they eventually just gave up bothering to check the quality of the loans at all. They then declared huge profits and paid themselves huge bonuses, It then transpired that these packaged loans were poor quality and not triple A and were made against massively overvalued assets. The banks were then forced to take either take these varnished turds back or were sued by investors - and so many of the loans ended up back on the banks books and in effect most of the banks were either insolvent or bankrupt, and if they weren't they were only not so because of insurance or bets they made with other institutions which in so transpires were bankrupt. The only reason all the banks didn't go under was because the Taxpayer was forced to step in and reinforce the balance sheets of institutions which would have gone under enabling them to pay the papers debts they had with other institutions.

So the reason we have cuts is because the Government has borrowed huge sums to bailout the banks. And whilst the loans are not strictly free, they are to all intents and purposes the equivalent of free money, as if the get loans at 0.5% they are then able to re-lend to Government at higher rates, say 3.5%. So we have the Taxpayer lending to the banks (via the Bank of England) so the banks can then loan the money back to the taxpayer (the Government/treasury) at a higher rate. In essence this difference of 3% is quite literally free money.

The banks are huge, parasitics organisations that have systematically raped the country and have caused the Government to reach the verge of bankruptcy.

If a few bankers are hit by fire extinguishers falling from 1 Canada Square, I for one won't be shedding any tears, I'll just remember not to go anywhere near Canary Wharf that day.

And PS - the reason students won't be able to afford to buy a house when they graduate is because having £30k or £50k of debt will seem like mole hill when contrasted with what they'll need to pay to buy a house - which as previously mentioned the bankers have inflated.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Just this 'uncut' notion scares me

1) There are no real cuts, only funds moved from education to old people and foreign aid (unavoidable given an ageing population)

2) We either raise taxes to cover spending (from about 40% of GDP to 55% of GDP), politically undoable.

3) Or print/borrow more money causing price inflation but most likely no wage inflation. So every one gets poorer to stop cuts.

Given the choices i wish theyd cut, cut and then cut some more.

Focus protests on getting rid of the tax on every human being that is the banking system, maybe id join them, but we should want less government, not more. Its already colossal as it is.

Spot on 100%

I really am amazed how stupid these students protesters are - they are chasing the puppets and not the puppeteers.

HOLA4425

Archived