House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

West Mids Police Officers Suspended

You wonder why I am posting this - well, BBC News 24 just reported on this and mentioned that there may be some connection with a property firm abroad. One officer suspended is a deputy chief constable.

Obviously, these men are entirely innocent of any crime and have merely been suspended at this time whilst an investigation takes place.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-11975958

An acting deputy chief constable and two other officers have been suspended over allegations of gross misconduct and fraud.

Gordon Fraser took up the senior post in Leicestershire in January. He had worked in the West Midlands police force for 22 years.

Two unidentified West Midlands officers have been suspended and a member of the public is also being investigated.

The suspensions are all said to relate to officers' business interests.

In a statement Leicestershire Police Authority confirmed Mr Fraser's suspension from duty.

"This follows on from an allegation received in relation to a business interest connected to Mr Fraser.

"This is now an ongoing investigation and therefore further details cannot be given at this time," it said.

You wonder why I am posting this - well, BBC News 24 just reported on this and mentioned that there may be some connection with a property firm abroad. One officer suspended is a deputy chief constable.

Obviously, these men are entirely innocent of any crime and have merely been suspended at this time whilst an investigation takes place.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-11975958

..ahh...greed and avarice......?...... :rolleyes:

I don't think any officer from the crime squad has ever been successfully prosecuted. The ones I know of have plenty of dosh and I'm sure one has mentioned their fat pension to me in the past. Not certain, but 90% sure of that.

Edited by gruffydd

From The Telegraph:

Gordon Fraser, Leicestershire Police’s acting deputy chief constable, is being investigated regarding his involvement with an overseas property company.

Two unidentified officers from West Midlands police, where Mr Fraser worked for 22 years, and a member of the public, are also under investigation.

The suspensions are all said to relate to the officers' business interests.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8196124/Senior-police-officer-suspended-over-gross-misconduct-and-fraud-allegations.html

I don't think any officer from the crime squad has ever been successfully prosecuted. The ones I know of have plenty of dosh and I'm sure one has mentioned their fat pension to me in the past. Not certain, but 90% sure of that.

Police officers are very overpaid after quite a short time of starting. They also still get a pension from 50yrs old at half salary for life, indexed and with a lump sum. They are a very inefficient public service who never need to do almost anything by any particular time, unless an emergency or murder happens, when they are usually pretty good.

But on a day to day level they have little pragmatism and the public on juries are rather less likely to believe them than in the past. So many silly procedures enforced on them have taken away their ordinary use of common sense.

They have dubious practices in the realms of public order control, which is sad really, since right thinking people want to support the police and law and order generally. If you have worked around them as I have, you soon feel a good deal less comfortable about their ways. Look at this strategy of having large numbers of police hemming in a massive group of students into a road, so they could not pass by, the majority peacefully protesting. They were 'kettled' and no wonder their behaviour deteriorated. Much better to let the procession proceed in a spread out way and simply arrest any doing criminal damage, without angering all the others. The sight of a small number of students misbehaving and a small number of police striking people with batons was equally disturbing.

Police officers are very overpaid after quite a short time of starting. They also still get a pension from 50yrs old at half salary for life, indexed and with a lump sum. They are a very inefficient public service who never need to do almost anything by any particular time, unless an emergency or murder happens, when they are usually pretty good.

But on a day to day level they have little pragmatism and the public on juries are rather less likely to believe them than in the past. So many silly procedures enforced on them have taken away their ordinary use of common sense.

They have dubious practices in the realms of public order control, which is sad really, since right thinking people want to support the police and law and order generally. If you have worked around them as I have, you soon feel a good deal less comfortable about their ways. Look at this strategy of having large numbers of police hemming in a massive group of students into a road, so they could not pass by, the majority peacefully protesting. They were 'kettled' and no wonder their behaviour deteriorated. Much better to let the procession proceed in a spread out way and simply arrest any doing criminal damage, without angering all the others. The sight of a small number of students misbehaving and a small number of police striking people with batons was equally disturbing.

Having personally been on the end of one of there horrendous screw ups I am forced to agree. I was brought up to trust the Police but from bitter experience have now learned not to. I see them as nothing more than ordinary people from the middle class social group with the power to Police those of a lower social group.

No wonder no one wants one as a friend. There behaviour creates trouble and then they blame you for it. Rich!