HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

What the ****** has it to do with you?

Do you go seeking views you don’t like and stare at them until your eyes hurt then protest that your eyes hurt?

WTF is it with people who don’t like what something looks like when at most they may see it in their peripheral vision for 2 milliseconds as they drive by!!

The house looks….i don’t care and I don’t have the right to object nor do you at least morally and logically whereas you sadly do when it comes to planning laws!

HOLA448
HOLA449

What the ****** has it to do with you?

Do you go seeking views you don't like and stare at them until your eyes hurt then protest that your eyes hurt?

WTF is it with people who don't like what something looks like when at most they may see it in their peripheral vision for 2 milliseconds as they drive by!!

The house looks….i don't care and I don't have the right to object nor do you at least morally and logically whereas you sadly do when it comes to planning laws!

Do you need a poo or something?! :unsure:

HOLA4410

Looks like the Dalham house was a teensy teapot cottage that was extended piecemeal before planning regs troubled with building materials or stylistic continuity. It resembles a very small youth hostel, the usual competition for weirdly extended rural buildings of character.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Nah, he's a twitcher, and that's a hide with central heating.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I don't understand that building. Assuming the left hand side is original, why would it be narrow and terrace like when it's detached? The rest looks like someone knew a builder who'd been left with materials for a job that had fallen through. Either that or it's a film set.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

No it doesn't. It's hideous smoked glass green house welded to the side of a nice stone building.

It's the now standard way of adding an extension to a listed prop.

The eco numpties think that it's a good idea to insist that there is no chance the extension pretends to be part of the original so it has to be built in a completely different style.

I think it's nuts, but they don't.

tim

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

No it doesn't. It's hideous smoked glass green house welded to the side of a nice stone building.

Thats all the rage nowadays. Make a clear differentiation between the old and the new. Dont try a pastiche as it looks tacky. etc etc

Personally, i think your right, it does look like a greenhouse. Best just to leave these old stone buildings alone and dont bother with any extensions.