HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

no you can't you miserable ****

Steve, all of the above and you forgot children off the list

No because it would probably win.

Merry Christmas !

Steady, boys, I only suggested the "I hate Christmas" option for the scrooges amongst us, like Daft Boy. huh.gif

HOLA448

Steady, boys, I only suggested the "I hate Christmas" option for the scrooges amongst us, like Daft Boy. huh.gif

Forget all that religious shit, christmas for me is the one time of year you should ditch everything that is shit about your life and enjoy what (little) you have. Unfortunately there's a great many miserable ***** on here who enjoy nothing more than moaning.

Christmas wishes to one and all.

HOLA449

Forget all that religious shit, christmas for me is the one time of year you should ditch everything that is shit about your life and enjoy what (little) you have. Unfortunately there's a great many miserable ***** on here who enjoy nothing more than moaning.

Christmas wishes to one and all.

+1

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I voted with my stomach.

My favorite thing about Christmas is one second after midnight on Christmas Day (or Boxing Day morning for the pedantic).

Why? Because it's the longest possible amount of time until next Christmas.

Heaven!

HOLA4412

I've always hated xmas, and all the bulls**t that goes with it.

It's basically a jolly designed to relieve the Winter gloom. You always wind up stuck at the work do wishing you were somewhere else. And then stuck at the family do feeling suicidal :lol:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
  • 11 months later...
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Carols from King's on Christmas Eve - with mulled wine.

Finally landing the turkey on the table - no more cooking for at least 2 days (cold turkey and ham or get it yourself)

Coming down in the morning to the smell of a real Christmas tree

Opening stockings in the morning - everybody in our house gets one.

Opening presents with Bucks Fizz, lots of. Too much one year - completely forgot to put the spuds in the oven, had 'lunch' around 5.30. :)

HOLA4423

Since we are resurrecting old threads.

Reusing last year's thread, quite apt for this age of austerity.

Christmas TV used to be my favorite, I used to sit there with the TV Times and Radio Times (separate listings in those days) and plan my Xmas viewing. Since video recorders in the early 70s were incredibly expensive and largely unavailable, program clashes were a problem.

"Right, I can watch Jason and the Argonauts up until 4:30, but I'll have to miss the last half hour as The Great Escape starts on BBC 1 then".

And so it went.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I am having an Austerity Christmas this year, and will be having bread and some fairly nice cheeses on Christmas Day, perhaps some good ham, but no turkey dinner.

My best christmas to date was my first year in Italy. Having just moved out there I'd been sorting out things like somewhere to live, and christmas was (coincidentally) the first chance I had to get out into the mountains. So I packed some basic camping gear, and headed out there. But luxury camping gear was still in transit from UK, so I was without tent or any kind of cooking equipment and spent christmas on bread-and-water.

Wish for this year? As ever, a bit of peace-and-quiet would be good.

Archived