House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sledgehead

Spencer Michael On Bbc2 Now

I do like his demonic laugh!

First two lambs: "Within the first few years we should have a net worth of a million pounds..... course its not money you can get your hands on."

Err, why?

And the lectures : 13hrs long..... a bit like time share really...

Edited by Sledgehead

"I detest greed. I believe greed is evil."

:blink:

And how much are those courses??? £3500!?!

I can see how Spence makes money at least........ selling his BTS flats onto these mugs. Neato.

Edited by Nijo

Alan Finch : " assuming 5% growth per annum...."

@rse covered. ;)

At the start he claimed it was all down to guts - sounds familiar? :lol:

Next poor soul, a trainee nurse is gonna do it all with credit cards: he's gonna borrow more than his annual salary for the deposit alone.

Edited by Sledgehead

Alan Finch : " assuming 5% growth per annum...."

@rse covered.  ;)

Yep, you can make 56 grand if you buy this house. I have seven other people here who'd like to buy the property.

People fall for this cr@p?

Why would he "give" strangers 56 grand?

Credit cards for the deposits.

The madness of crowds.

Here's the Watchdog Spencer Michael Report. Seems like a fine upstanding chap.

I wonder when this journalist is gonna cut up rough.

I wonder why he has only made 3 millionaires? Is that all he could afford? Ooo. Did I say something out of place?

Edited by Sledgehead

Ah, Mitch, the right hand man has resigned for "Ethical concerns". Seriousness scale 1-10: he says 8.5->9

Oh dear...

"I was there for 9 weeks and it took me that time to figure out what was going on."

What ssort of people are attracted : "Unsophisticated"

Is there a sense this lack of sophistication may be exploited : "Yes."

then they interview a few attendants. What do you know about property? "Not much" and "I'm a novice" etc

Aaron & Catherine have gone ahead with a purchase. He is a social worker, she a nurse. Lambs to the slaughter.

"if Spencer can build a portfolio in such a short space of time, surely, with his help, I can do it myself."

"This really is a good price if you look at other propeties in the area."

Have you had a valuation done yourself? "No, not yet."

The nurse says Spencer is a really good speaker. Reckon she has doubts?

Now he says he wants to float (bail out of) the company.

Edited by Sledgehead

I could shed a tear for the social worker and the nurse. Their own home will be lost.

Greed will be the downfall of many.

Oh crikey, that couple from Zimbabwe were so nice - so innocent. And they still believe they'll have million pound portfolios.

"So have you had the properties valued independently?"

"No, not yet."

:unsure:

Now Lisa has left the company. pressure of work, but also the types of people they were attracting and expecting these people to put huge amounts of money on credit cards....

Oooh, now we've moved to the issue of vulnerable people.

Interviewer mentions Mitch's criticism..... the properties were overvalued ... Lisa says the same .... and credit card issues ....

Spencer says : "Adults make their own decisions.... what is exploitation?... lets stop the interview."

Nurse & Social worker had their have had property valued and it came up £100K short. they want their deposit back. Oh dear..... he won't cooperate.

Now they sit on the same sofa they did before, only at either ends. Clearly she blames him ... he resents it.... and remeber it's only the bears who want lives wrecked.

Blame the Nurse, blame the social worker, blame HPC ... but only a sore loser would blame Spencer Martin.

Edited by Sledgehead

I really feel for some of his victims.

Many of them poorly paid immigrants, trying to live the UK dream.

They trust him because he is like them, and in his "success" they see their own dreams reflected.

They do not appear to have the slightest suspicion what is about to befall them.

... all swiftly followed by Newsnight and an OPEC sec gen telling us in no uncertain terms that high oil prices are here to stay. Oh dear Gordy. Oh dear all those peopel who thought prices at the pumps were purely a Katrina phenomenon....

Happy days......

sorry if that sounded a bit like ambulane chasing , i expect a few moral high ground type replies. :rolleyes:

I have a pal who fell for this sort of inside track course stuff , however he was in A level business with me for 2 years and was no fool...i dont feel it is anything to do with vulnerablity or even ignorance , just pure greeeeed!

Someone mentioned on another thread about the 'quality' of public sector workers! The nurse and the social worker did a lot to reinforce negative opinions of the public sector. How stupid can people get!!

Now I've got to get back to my emails and contact this guy that is going to give me $25m for allowing my bank account to be used.

I have a pal who fell for this sort of inside track course stuff , however he was in A level business with me for 2 years and was no fool...

A level business? What is that? I did Physics, Maths & Chemistry and S level Chemistry. Is it anything like that?

Guest pioneer31

Oh my god!!!

The ex-employees shouldn't have gone on camera and the reporter was a fool to let Spencer know who the informers were!

I can see Spencer now on his platinum mobile setting up a couple of mystery shootings for a tidy sum.

Th warning signs were all there. For the hard of thinking (none of you guys), but anyway here they are.

1) A man knows how to make a killing, so why isn't he out doing instead of telling everyone else how to (and working 18 hour days in the process)?

2) His seminars are extortionately priced. That alone rings alarm bells of Big Ben proportions

3) He wants truck loads of money (deposit) upfront.

Some people wouldn't recognise a scam if it danced naked on a harpsichord singing SCAMS ARE HERE AGAIN! (modified quip from Blackadder) :P

Now I've got to get back to my emails and contact this guy that is going to give me $25m for allowing my bank account to be used.

Wow. What a great deal! What could possibly go wrong?

People think it has to be a rip off, but I let a guy called Osama or some such use my bank account and I've never had a telephone call once from the bank. In fact, when I get my statements the accounts always a few million in credit, and the beauty is I get to keep the interest: the fool hasn't even noticed. ;)

Edited by Sledgehead

Guest Daddy Bear

Who agrees with me?

1. Repossession, repossession, repossession Last week

2. Underground Britain (Story of property pyramid scheme) tonite

3. Panorama (Is gordons uk built on a whim?) Next week sunday 25th

This is the nadir ...the peak...the top....the crest....

downward momentum is building....

Media has turned......

The bear is starting to growl - he stirred from his slumber 12 months ago....opened his eyes 6 months ago...he is now HUNGRY!!

I feel that one does not realise the precipice we are on...

There are bad times coming.....it's going to be messy....

without wishing to be dramatic...historic events are in the process of being made......

:D and you know what I cannot wait !!!! :lol::lol::lol::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I really dig his laugh.

Demonic.

I wouldn't give him a penny of my cash.

I just find it incredible that anyone would willingly hand over money to such a guy.

The programe looked like a spoof to me.

If it wasn't i'm off down town tomorrow to sell some "magic beans" there must be a few punters out there willing to invest in my "wealth enhancing" beans.......... B)

Good thread Sledge, I did miss it but feel that I've picked up the important points here anyway. Much as I imagined it to be.

Hey I did the same 'A' levels as you, still have an interest in science but left it all behind at 22 with the yearning to farm.

C.P.