House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Flatdog

Of Interest

Most peeps on here enjoy a good debate, not everyone is up to an intellectual quarrel tho'

Why is it that so many threads of interest have been 'moved' today?

Why, really, is it that Injin doesn't post here now?

Hey?

Unlike many interweb fora, this one is run on a commercial basis. Sometimes Fubra like to flex their muscle.

Someone must have prodded the mods

Actually, Fubra leave the moderating to the moderators, there is never any prodding. We may not be perfect but we do our best.

Unlike many interweb fora, this one is run on a commercial basis. Sometimes Fubra like to flex their muscle.

Someone must have prodded the mods

I am at least partially to blame.

I cannot underatnd why a few pages on fees at UK unis are banished to the hinterland so quickly while 245 or so pages on Aussie house prices are allowed to stay on the main page when there is a perfectly acceptable "foreign property investment" page available.

This is my first "protest" and I expect the retributions to be quite harsh but I am confused about the reasons why people living in the UK are not allowed to talk about UK centric problems while a bunch of Aussies are allowed to "hog" the board.

Actually, Fubra leave the moderating to the moderators, there is never any prodding. We may not be perfect but we do our best.

It just seems strange that now and again the mods go on a bit of a purge as though they been pointed in a particular direction and then things slowly relax and board discipline is allowed to slide.

Until the next time...

I cannot underatnd why a few pages on fees at UK unis are banished to the hinterland so quickly while 245 or so pages on Aussie house prices are allowed to stay on the main page when there is a perfectly acceptable "foreign property investment" page available.

This is my first "protest" and I expect the retributions to be quite harsh but I am confused about the reasons why people living in the UK are not allowed to talk about UK centric problems while a bunch of Aussies are allowed to "hog" the board.

It just seems strange that now and again the mods go on a bit of a purge as though they been pointed in a particular direction and then things slowly relax and board discipline is allowed to slide.

Until the next time...

The Aussie thread is actually a number of threads merged together so not to clog up the main board. We have to make a judgement as to whether a thread is moved and to where. If there are a lot of 'off topic' threads on the first page of the main forum, at the same time, they tend to get moved whereas the odd one may be left for a bit. It's not cut and dried, it's judgement calls made in realtime by individual moderators which may explain why some posts stay and others don't.

Stick it to the Man!

Always happens when there is a change of shift. Nothing special. Depends whether the new mod wants to moderate those topics or not.

Change of shift?

Whatever, I accept that this forum has a commercial need but the level of 'policing' of recent has been worrisome

And (usually) what a great job you do..honest

I demand a 'wikileak' from HPC HQ! :lol:

Injin don't post here no more..damn.

RB gone all weird...

HPC website in danger of becoming redundant....as nothing much is happening at the mo'

Still happy to be an STR tho'