House Price Crash Forum
Guest_ringledman_*

Post A Stock / Asset Thats Going To Go Ballistic

Hi ringledman. You'd be wise to hedge your yen exposure if buying those japanese companies. Also, I don't know about the small caps specifically but japanese companies have had a horrible ROE for a couple of decades now. They are not pure profit machines like Apple, but play a larger a role in society by keeping non-jobs on board. That's why the Price/Book ratios are so low.

BPC is my only long term hold. Massive potential, with risks.

Aaah, The British Potato Council, of course.

Most people can't see the upside potential, but potatoes are not just food, they have a myriad of uses.

They can be hollowed out to make shoes and earmuffs and the peelings can be stitched together to make clothing.

They are also excellent companions, and extremely good listeners.

Aaah, The British Potato Council, of course.

Most people can't see the upside potential, but potatoes are not just food, they have a myriad of uses.

They can be hollowed out to make shoes and earmuffs and the peelings can be stitched together to make clothing.

They are also excellent companions, and extremely good listeners.

All i know is, by the time this company 'spuds' i will cash in my 'chips' for a tastey fortune. :D

Seriously though, i count 3 HPCers invested in BPC now, and it could be a springboard to a house deposit with as little as 1k invested. COULD. And plenty of time to bail out before the known risky events occur if you cant stand the risk.

IMHO DYOR etc

If gold takes off (and it's a very big if - but one I am speculating on nonetheless) then I anticipate my junior miners and big miners to shoot to the moon more so than gold.

I also think looking 5 - 10 years agriculture commodities and stocks are the place to be and am positioned for this.

Clean energy shares are 75% off their peak (check out INRG - Ishares clean energy) but it could be a very long time before this sector takes off.

Emerging markets could rocket but only if they have a decent correction first - they all seem a bit pricey to me at the moment

Vietnam seems to have finally bounced off its bottom (just before I topped up grrrr) but has made big losses compared to virtually all other emerging markets which have had big gains.

Kuwait shares - my first investment where I timed the bottom perfectly - are up 40% from their bottom but still way down from their peak and I am holding.