House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendy

You've Gotta Give It To The Students

seem to love a good tear up... set fire to trafalgar sq. christmas tree :lol:

seriously though i think it was someone on here that currently the police are just an obstacle but soon they'll become the target. :unsure:

i can see the numbers game starving the protectors of the bank in their castle's before long seeing as this is just the opening chapter of discontent.

1990 (before student loans) 150k students a year

2010 450k students a year.

Someone's got to pay for them....

How many can we afford to send a year?2% 5%?

Except that it's been hijacked by those who want trouble. The fact that the last 2 protests had trouble in them has attracted all sorts of a***holes to this one.

Some of the students who tried to stop the vandalism because it will alienate their cause, were attacked by the other 'students' (most of whom should have been in school).

Some NUS spokesmen seem to think the general population are behind them. I don't think they are. I'm not. Where were they when tuition fees were introduced and then doubled under Blair? This is political, not just economics. 'Tories evil' stereotyping.

Except that it's been hijacked by those who want trouble. The fact that the last 2 protests had trouble in them has attracted all sorts of a***holes to this one.

Some of the students who tried to stop the vandalism because it will alienate their cause, were attacked by the other 'students' (most of whom should have been in school).

Some NUS spokesmen seem to think the general population are behind them. I don't think they are. I'm not. Where were they when tuition fees were introduced and then doubled under Blair? This is political, not just economics. 'Tories evil' stereotyping.

I support(ed) them. I have two daughters, both in secondary school. I hope and fully expect them both to want to go to university and someone has to pay for them. It could be my wife and me, it could be my daughters themselves, or it could be the taxpaying public. The third option would be cheapest for me and now, as a saver who's bailing out feckless debtors and as a private sector employee working until I'm 68 so that some schoolteacher can retire at 62, I'm just out for myself from now on, so I want you lot to pay.

out of 450k how many are studying for pointless degree's such as media studies, ....watching ******ing television :ph34r:

these parasitic bastards of humanity need to understand, these cut backs are the tip of the iceberg.

no, this isn't "Tory evil", just a bit of ******ing sense.

Yes, that's the problem but you can't blame them for having to pay out more and more just so they can be unemployed.

When it transpired that the first branch of Cadbury Cocoa House would be opening the day before the Government spending review we contacted the media to position the company as a good news story in the midst of economic doom. With 100 new jobs being created on the high street, with a potential for a further 3,000+ as the business expands across the country, we thought it would make an interesting case study... due to the challenges of the graduate job market, Cadbury Cocoa House was stunned to attract over 2,000 applications, of which a third were from graduates.

If everybody has a degree, then a degree is worthless.

Likewise but then I received tuition fees paid and 2/3 grant at Uni back in '76, Didn't vote libdem then and wouldn t now.

If you can't afford to educate 50pc, educate the best and pay for them, not the ones with the money or those with the chutzpah to take on a £50k loan.

100% behind the students.

My only regret is that I didn't protest more when a student.

Absolutely. The government are public employees too and can be shown the exit if they don't perform. I can't believe more people don't protest on the streets, too complacent, lazy, cynical, cold outside I expect. Good luck to the stoodents for showing how it's done.

seem to love a good tear up... set fire to trafalgar sq. christmas tree :lol:

seriously though i think it was someone on here that currently the police are just an obstacle but soon they'll become the target. :unsure:

i can see the numbers game starving the protectors of the bank in their castle's before long seeing as this is just the opening chapter of discontent.

...it's all paid for by the Unions ...buses to London ...day out....they are just sheeple driven by left wing dogma....let's face it the biggest change was when Nuliebour brought in student fees ....did you see any marches then....no the Unions were were quiet....and of course it only affects England at this stage ...certainly no fees in Scotland .... :rolleyes:

out of 450k how many are studying for pointless degree's such as media studies, ....watching ******ing television :ph34r:

these parasitic bastards of humanity need to understand, these cut backs are the tip of the iceberg.

no, this isn't "Tory evil", just a bit of ******ing sense.

Yes, but *they* didn't invent the Educonomy system or make huge fortunes from it. Where is your bile for the people who did? Have you ever looked at it in that depth?

i agree that there are political factions there, but i'd wager that some of the students are getting 'lippy' as well, they have 'a (partial) right' to be with the wealth divide and transfer.

also agree that the amount of useless courses needs dealing with, but it's the usual linked to house prices and lack of (cheap) manufacturing jobs/industries. houses have to give, unless perpetual debt is indeed possible. :unsure:

100% behind the students.

My only regret is that I didn't protest more when a student.

...volunteer to pay a student tax then...put your money where your mouth is..... :rolleyes:

Someone's got to pay for them....

How many can we afford to send a year?2% 5%?

IMO you have it in one..

What precisely was the point of aiming to have so many peeps go to University?

What happened to apprenticeships et al?

Those clever dudes in Government have just exploited another tantalising opportunity to screw another generation or two into debt.

edit..spelling

Do feel for students these days. Even if they take on the debt will their professions be able to afford them or will they just turn a blind eye as companies source cheap labour from overseas. They should be highlighting this embarrassing truth.

The fact is that these student groups did nothing when their political allies introduced the fees in the first place and only now feel obliged to stand-up and be counted.

Absolutely. The government are public employees too and can be shown the exit if they don't perform. I can't believe more people don't protest on the streets, too complacent, lazy, cynical, cold outside I expect. Good luck to the stoodents for showing how it's done.

agree and hold my hands up sire.

the first round of QE there was outrage on here.

people was that angry they took to the...............

....................keyboards, posting, threading and ranting like you've never seen before.

it would've got violent if all the protestors weren't actually sat on the sofa, on the wireless connection, alone.

In primary school. You daft cockrobin.

Not the actual students Rodney. The organisations such as the NUS, the lecturers, university staff etc who are all up in arms now. Because they thought they had a left govt on their side, they did **** all after the blatant lies about tution fees being introduced etc.

I agree about the degrees, any science / engineering degree should be super cheap, 'media' ones expensive.

I'm 100% against the students. They need to start living in the real world and start looking at the overall picture. The government simply cannot afford to pay for them to go to university.

I don't have a problem with them protesting though. I do have a problem with the violent idiots who are just there to cause trouble. It's appalling.

If the protests were solely against the fees I'd have been there protesting too. However, people up for a fight with the police aside, the continual anti-cuts, 'Tory Scum' and 'fighting ideological cuts against the working classes' type rhetoric just muddies the argument considerably.

I await the anti-cuts protesters/protesters generally turning on the banks - I was curious to see yesterday that there were improtu student protests in a branch of Santander and, iirc, a branch of HSBC.

I'm 100% against the students bankers. They need to start living in the real world and start looking at the overall picture. The government simply cannot afford to pay for them to go to university get bailed out.

:lol: sorry couldn't resist...

The cost of sending young people to get educated is nothing when you think how much of our money is given for free to the global banks (with no benefit to anyone).

I agree about the degrees, any science / engineering degree should be super cheap, 'media' ones expensive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/8191811/Tuition-fees-Q-and-A-what-do-the-proposals-mean.html

Universities in England currently charge £3,290 a year in tuition fees and receive thousands of pounds more in direct Government funding for degree courses. Under reforms, direct funding will be wiped out for almost all subjects (other than science and engineering-style courses) and responsibility for paying will shift to students themselves. At the same time, the cap on tuition fees will rise to £6,000 and universities will be able to charge up to £9,000 in exceptional circumstances.

You should "load" pointless degrees...It will be interesting how much much, say a mathematician or a civil engineering student will have to pay, compared to say, a history student.....will it be the same, or less?

Do feel for students these days. Even if they take on the debt will their professions be able to afford them or will they just turn a blind eye as companies source cheap labour from overseas. They should be highlighting this embarrassing truth.

The fact is that these student groups did nothing when their political allies introduced the fees in the first place and only now feel obliged to stand-up and be counted.

...that's because the Unions are out to support Ed the Ned against the Tories ....what they should accept is Labour spent everything ...the cupboards are bare ....surely they are not that thick ....anyway let the Unions grease the protests ....we would be looking for IMF Loans and begging the ECB for loans if Labour were still in ....credit card junkies .... :rolleyes: